Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

scopes

muddy

Got the muzzleloader thing figured out, now am trying to figure out what scope to put on it. Am looking at Nikon Monarch (I think that's what it's called) at the moment. Around $300 which scares me a bit. Throw some other suggestions out there...

i have the 3 x 9 prostaff by nikon and love it on my remington ml 150.00 , what ml did you end up with and how big was the buck you got?

I need some education here too. The one that came with the CVA is cheap, and you have to have your eye close to it (eye relief?, what's a good number). Anyway it smacked me a few too many times in the forehead and now I'd rather go open sights than use that thing. I'm sure a high quality scope would help, 3X9 seems to be a good mag range, but what other factors should we be looking at. Muddy, alot more questions than answers

I looked at the leupolds but I ended up buying the Bushnell Elite 3x9x40. It has a illuminated recticle that lights up for the last 30 minutes of the evening. Overall, I like the scope, adjustments were very easy to make. The quility of glass seems to be pretty good and the scope went well with my Warne QD scope mounts.

Nikon are alright my 12 year old has an monarch on her .243

I would look at Leupold or Burris. Something in the range of a 2.5-7 or a 3-9. Stay at least 40mm objective if you are worried about low light. If cost is a concern go with the Burris you can't beatem for the money.

HT

Looked through some Burris, the Leupold VariXII, Nikon Monarch, and a few others. My eyes like the Burris the best, will probably sit on the Knight Extreme very well.

Muddy, I happen to have a Leupold Rifleman scope on my Knight Revolution. its the 2x7 model. I paid 179.99. I couldnt be happier. Its clear and crisp and carries the lifetime warranty. I will post pics of my gun for you if you would like..hope that helps you out some..
Flugge

Muddy,

If you plan to hunt mostly timber here in Iowa, I'd look at a 1.5 - 4.5 variable. It's nice to open up wider to acquire the target, then zoom in if you need it. If you're under 200 yards (and typically under 100), a 9 power scope will cause you more grief than help.

I've got a BSA 1.5-4.5X32 Cateye on my muzzleloader and love it.

I don't think you need a high dollar scope on a musket. Personally I think the Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 is great for the coin. Although I also agree that I don't know that you need up to 9 power but it can be nice for deciding to shoot or not.

Decided on a Burris FullField II scope and put it on top of a Knight Disc Extreme. Thanks for all the suggestions.

muddy, you'll be very pleased with the Burris.
cool.gif

Top Bottom