Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Score it

Dont know why you made a smart remark to the guy who guessed 161?

Because he heard a rumor of me shooting a 161 this year, thus I kind of knew where his comment was coming from, just kidding him about it.

I still haven't heard the score from the neighbor who shot it.

I would have been in the "enough" camp but curious to hear the final outcome. Looks like great beam length to me and that usually results in a good total for whatever the respective antler configuration is.

I would say 150 is the number. He looks nice but i dont know that he could hit the 160 mark. Still a stud of an 8!!!

I really think this deer is bigger than most think. He looks to have 25" beams, and maybe 11-12", 2's and 3's. I know you loose some mass with 8 pointers, but I have this deer very close to 160. He will go 20+ on spread I believe. If he is 68-70 per side plus 20 inside that is 156-160 right? I am thinking around 31-32" for mass. A stud either way.
One beam went 25".
Spread was 16", ouch.
Tallest tine was just over 10".:confused: Surprised me.
Decent mass though.
Still a stud of an 8.

After you posted the score I had to go back and look at the pics again. I guess they are really deceiving. A head on look would have revealed the inside spread. But from the pics the tine length is really exaggerated. I have been off before, But I really blew that one! I would love to see some after photo's if you have any.

archery20

Man that is really deceiving. I thought for sure he would be mid 150's. Either way, that's a heck if a deer!

Top Bottom