Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scott Releases???

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Hey guys... any one have an opinion on Scott releases? I have heard a lot of guys like the Little Bitty Goose... is this a good release for hunting? Any trouble getting the thing on the string quickly with its small size? I like the adjustment option of length... and it seems Scott has a good reputation... I am green at all this tech stuff guys so be gentle....
grin.gif

When I switched from fingers to a release that is what I bought. I love the release and have had good luck with it on targets and deer. You can also adjust the "trigger pull" with a set screw on the release. Mine is set pretty light, but I really like it!
waytogo.gif

I always draw the bow with my index finger behind the release trigger until I am at my anchor point.
grin.gif

I have used one since day 1. I love it. As usual, you pay more for it up front, but you will definitely be satisfied. Adjusting the trigger allows for much smoother releases.

I'll be switching to a Scott, from my TruBall, in about two months. I'm going to go back to the "rope" style rather than the caliper style though.

My Scott has been durable as well. Great release! Not sure about that particular model.

You take a little piece of rope and go around your string. Allows you to shoot a release off the string without a string loop and without damaging the serving. My dad has preached for years that a "rope" is the most accurate release out there. For once, I'm going to listen to my old man and give it a whirl.
smile.gif
Here's the Scott release I'm looking at.

prd-ole-faithful.jpg

That might be great for target shooting, but for hunting I don't think I would like that string loop...
frown.gif

When you get used to them it's just second nature to put that onto the string. My dad has used one since I can remember.

I have shot a Scott Little Goose since I started a bit over 8 years ago and I'm still using the same release. The Scott Little goose line is one of the best releases out on the market for serving wear that you can find IMO. I have far more serving wear from my arrow knocks than I do my release. You won't be disappointed in your purchase!

I really like mine. It is the third release I've used in my short archery career and the only thing close to it or maybe even equal is a Fletcher Short and Sweet. The Fletcher has a strap in stead of a rope and Velcro instead of a buckle. They are both extremely smooth and very easy to hookup even with the Warner bulkier gloves of the late season. I would at least look at the Fletcher and touch off a few arrows with one but you are headed in the right direction as far as I think.

I just purchased the Scott Little Goose a couple of days ago, and I really like it. It took a few practice sessions to get onto it, but I have improved my arrow groups with it.
smile.gif

I too just got a Scotts release. I bought the wildcat. I love it! It's trigger is up closer to the caliper thus giving you about an extra half inch on your draw length.
It worked perfect for my situation. I had a 27.5 inch bow and to get the draw length perfect I had to shoot off the string. I switched to the wildcat and now can use a string loop.
I really don't see why others don't put the trigger closer to the caliper. I could shoot a 28" draw if I wanted to shoot off the string again which just gives a person a little more kick.

I too am a big fan on the little goose. I've shot this particular release for nearly 6 years now, but I just recently picked up the deluxe model, which comes with 3 optional triggers(spring trigger, small post & medium barrel)and has all the same features as its original design - I love it!

Top Bottom