Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scottonbuck Tags out on opening day Take 2

scottonbuck

Lets try this again. To say this year has been good to me would be an understatement, I killed a nice 150 class nine point with my bow on Nov. 10 and then on the opening day of Late Muzzy this big boy stopped in my crosshairs. Long story short I set up on a fresh picked corn field which was picked Friday and Saturday. The wind was perfect a west/southwest wind. I was set up by 2:40 and saw deer moving the whole way into my set up. Around 4:00 the wind made a switch and started coming from the east/southeast, i mumbled some words under my breath and moved to make the best out of the situation. I moved North 250 yards in hopes of getting on the north side of the bedding area and catch the deer traveling to the corn field. Although I wasnt happy with the set up it would have to do. The brush is thick and visibility is poor. It is a brushy pasture full of hedge, locust, and cedar trees. Right away i had does coming by at 30 yards and I thought to myself if the bucks do that they will be in trouble. At around 4:30 i saw a year and a half making his way thru the thicket. He was followed by a 120 incher which was followed by a 130 incher the angle the deer were going I was only going to have one shooting lane and a very small one at that If a nice went that way he would have to stop just perfect. A couple minutes after spoting the 3 bucks I catch movement behind them and this guy pops out. He was following the path of the other three bucks. The first buck comes into the shooting lane and stops perfect, the second buck does the same, I get everything lined up to see if i can really shoot thru the minute opening. Everything is a go. The third deer does the same as the other two and then I waited for the big boy. A few minutes passed which seemed like eternity, and buck number 4 steps up and stops right in the opening. I settled the crosshairs and let the muzzy bark. The barnes spitfire found its mark and crushed his shoulder. I thought it was around 120 yards but it was more like 140+ yards. I had no time to range that lane. The shot felt good and the rest is history. He is my best buck to date and is yet another main frame nine. I am the self proclaimed king of nine pointers as the last four bucks that I have shot have been nine pointers and this makes number eight total. I guess I must of sat on Jclaws golden horseshoe and got a little bit of it stuck up there as everything seems to have gone my way this year. First time in history for me to tag out on the opening day of Late muzzy. Good luck to all those still hunting.

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2497&albumid=115&dl=1261621211&thumb=1

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2498&albumid=115&dl=1261621211&thumb=1

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2499&albumid=115&dl=1261621211&thumb=1

I cant figure out how to get the pics to show so if someone could help, that would be great. and hopefully this post doesnt become another victim

Last edited:
wow nice
picture.php

Top Bottom