Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

scouting camera

Our own Vman can put together a good one for you or you could learn to make your own at Hagshouse.com. The best cameras available are the home brewed, in my opinion.

Ironwood is correct. Either Vmans or build your own. A lot of info over at Hag's. Just don't get your hopes up for a BG2 control. They are obviously a myth. By the time they arrive they will be disscontinued and we will have to wait another year.
shrug[1].gif
wall.gif

For a store bought, it's hard to beat Cuddeback.

[ QUOTE ]
They are obviously a myth. By the time they arrive they will be disscontinued and we will have to wait another year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definatly not a myth. Though they are definatly a little behind. When they do come out it will be well worth it. They will be here sooner than you think!

[ QUOTE ]
Ironwood is correct. Either Vmans or build your own. A lot of info over at Hag's. Just don't get your hopes up for a BG2 control. They are obviously a myth. By the time they arrive they will be disscontinued and we will have to wait another year.
shrug[1].gif
wall.gif

For a store bought, it's hard to beat Cuddeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
Waiting has been frustrating. If Jay had posted this over at Hags he would now move to the back of the line for the new BG2 board. I am really tempted to link this post over there just to increase my odds on getting the BG2 boards I want on the first run.
busted.gif
busted.gif
busted.gif

Many of the trail camera pictures you saw posted here over the last couple of season have been taken with home brewed camera units controlled by a board called a BG1. The board went out of production last summer and the replacement board the BG2 was expected around the end of 2005. We're still waiting but we can't have an attitude because the guys that are putting it all together are weekend and night time designers and make the best controller out there. Best of all they make them available at Hagshouse.com for the homebrew trail camera makers. This upgraded board will also allow for video unit control and I believe slave flash control for IR (no flash) cameras. Everyone should try making just one homebrewed camera, it is very fun and the whole trail cam scouting event is much better because of your intimate knowledge of your equipment. Did I mention saving big bucks as another advantage.

[ QUOTE ]
Waiting has been frustrating. If Jay had posted this over at Hags he would now move to the back of the line for the new BG2 board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to the back of the line is not going to be a problem.

I simply wanted to get boards for the 3 cameras I have hacked and ready. The BG2 is touted as being better than the BG1, but the price is what really kept me patiently waiting over a year for it to be released. When these boards can be bought for half the price of the SS or other boards, it's hard to not want them.
But my patience and loyalty to the product is gone, and I'm certain I'm not the only one who feels this way.
It's easy for the guys who have built fifty plus cameras to say be patient. They don't really need another camera.
I'm just going to bite the bullet and purchase another brand of control board for the few cameras that I need, because right now, even if they were free, I wouldn't get a BG2. I feel you should never get rid of one model before the new one is available.
mad.gif

Actually I love the 9 volt battery holder on the BG1's. Not to mention the BG1's are prooven and have never let me down. I could care less about the video capability. I'm all set with cameras for quite a while now...
grin.gif

Top Bottom