Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scouting Reports?

H

hershy

...I know many of us have been out-n-about the last few weeks either scouting for turkeys or shed hunting or both...what have you been seeing?...do the signs point toward a lot of turkeys this spring or what?...just curious...

...as for my observations it looks like it should be another decent spring...I have looked at the woods near my East Iowa early season area and the turkey sign is quite abundant, though I haven't seen very many turkeys (likely due to the warm winter)...my western Iowa late season areas might not have as many birds as they did even last year...hopefully, things will improve ...

Sunday morning I saw a group of twelve turkeys. 6 jakes and 6 hens, what was weird is that one of the toms had rio grande type coloring on his tail. When I yelped at them all six gobbled. they didn't seem to be to warry as I sat and watched them at about 50 yards, i know everyone that lives within about 3 miles of where i saw them, and no one raises turkeys or has any for pets. i was just wondering what the chances of someone dumping a flock of turkeys and what chance they have in the wild if they were tame.

Top Bottom