Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scrape Activity

shooter72

What is everyone seeing for scrape activity? I have a few cameras set up on some good scrapes, and they have seemed to have dried up.

Scrapes shut down this time of year. The buck are locked up with does right now. Give it 2 weeks and they will start hitting them again.

most of the time when a mature buck goes looking for another doe he will check his scrapes. so in a week or so he will open up his scrape lookin for the last does in estrus. if i were you i would try hunting the does and you will kill a good buck!:way:

most of the time when a mature buck goes looking for another doe he will check his scrapes. so in a week or so he will open up his scrape lookin for the last does in estrus. if i were you i would try hunting the does and you will kill a good buck!:way:

This has been our experience as well, going back multiple years.

I agree my scrapes have been mostly dry for 2 weeks. I checked them this am and have one of my largest deer on the farm checking his scrapes 2 nights in a row.

Nearly all of the scrapes i was watching are dead, however on Friday (Nov 19) I came across a whole bunch of new ones on 2 different ridge tops, about half a mile from each other.

Top Bottom