Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scrape sits after rain?

CurtisWalker

Do bucks freshen scrapes up soon after a heavy rain? Just curious because I have a stand over a very active scrape and if the rain stops soon enough today I may sit in it. I only see the one storm moving in right now on the forecast so hoping to get out.

Right after a rain is the best time to hunt an active scrape! Like you said, the bucks will want to get up from their beds and refreshen them as soon as they can.

I think they do but most of the scrap freshening happens during non shooting hours. At the same time we are getting to the point where bucks are going to be moving during the day more frequently so anything is possible.

I'll be on a scrape when the rain stops. Seeing alot of does with fawns yet, so they should be checking them yet in the next cpl days

Right after a rain is the best time to hunt an active scrape! Like you said, the bucks will want to get up from their beds and refreshen them as soon as they can.

Agreed, I have seen this a number of times over the years.

what part of the state are you in bkcrrtnps? were they moving during the hard rain or after? planning on heading out myself after the heavy stuff passes, was out this morning until thunder started and things were awfully quiet.

Top Bottom