SD Buck

adamo

Could of shot this guy with my bow... but had the 30-06 with instead. Snuck up to 15yards in the corn and put a clean kill on him.

aj01.jpg

aj02.jpg

ajkids.jpg

Nice buck and great pictures. There are a lot of nice deer up that way. you beat us in bird huntin now your gonna get all of our deer.

Congrats on stalking a nice buck.

Is the corn a food plot or field? If I was a farmer, I'd be worried about snow if I had corn standing.

Check that thing for CWD!!!
grin.gif

Just kiddin! He's certainly delapitated though.

Congrats on a nice buck!

dc240 - we spotted him sunday morning and saw he had broken his jaw somehow... could tell after I shot him that it had been broken for at least 3-4 days and he hadn't had anything to eat or drink, but he was still hounding a doe.

It is a food plot, will be left in all winter. I will be back in there in late december with my bow!

Tomo, not very far... we watched him go into this grove of trees in the morning. The landowner walked through the trees while everyone else posted, nothing came out. My dad, my brother and me started talking and decided that since he was hurt he will bed down hard and might still be in there, so we went in about 15 minutes after the landowner walked it. Found him laying in the corn and the wind was blowing just enough for the buck to not be able to hear me sneak up on him. I would say it was about a 100yd stalk. He was a fighter, he has scars all over his face and one ear had about a 6 inch cut in it.

Back