Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sd card reader

miggy09

So I've only got 2 trail cams right now but that number will soon be increasing. I find it a pain to drag my laptop into the woods or pull cards and take them back to the house then have to return them to the cam. I could get a couple more cards and just rotate them, but I like the idea of getting the pics in the field. Do any of you guys use sd card readers to see your pictures? I'm also contemplating just getting a tablet with sd card slot as I would have other uses for that as well. Let me know what you guys do or any devices you use. Any thoughts will help!

I just double up on cards and rotate them. I keep empties in my right pocket and the ones I take out in my left hand pocket so I don't make a mistake of getting them mixed up. Same way every time. Shut off camera, remove card, put full card in left hand pocket, remove entry card from right hand pocket, put card in, and turn back on, I don't move cameras very often.

I am the same way. 2 cards for every cam. Label them so they always stay with the same cam. Switch them out and either look at them in the vehicle or wait till I get home. Takes to long to go through a card with thousands of pics. I prefer the comfort of the AC and cold beverage too much I guess.

Same here, 2 for every cam atleast. I have a portable card reader (leaf river) but have quit using it 1. because it takes to long 2. the screen is small and you often miss things in the pics.

I would stick with viewing them when you get home or using a laptop. You can buy alot of SD cards for the price of a tablet :way:

I just double up on cards and rotate them. I keep empties in my right pocket and the ones I take out in my left hand pocket so I don't make a mistake of getting them mixed up. Same way every time. Shut off camera, remove card, put full card in left hand pocket, remove entry card from right hand pocket, put card in, and turn back on, I don't move cameras very often.

Same here, except I have to keep them in the little plastic containers and switch cards in them, so that gets tricky... if I don't do it the same way, same pockets, everytime, I will screw something up. Total OCD

Two cards for each cam for me too! As stated before, takes too long to look at them in the field. I like to get in and get out so as not to disturb the area so much, and usually am running on a time constraint anyway! Downside of this is if you need to make adjustments to the camera after looking at your pics at home. But I usually take my digital camera with me, so if I think I need to make adjustments or move the camera, I can always look to see what I got. During season, for cameras by my stands, it is nice to be able to check the card to kill some time tho, but again, I just use my digital camera for this as well. Don't like the idea of buying a piece of equipment that will only let you view/delete pics. Digital camera...I can take pics of whatever I want and can still delete pics off my trail cam cards as well. However, once the card is home, I usually use the laptop since it has a bigger screen.

Some Garmin gps units have an sd card reader and pic viewer. I bought one on ebay for $25 and it works great for viewing pics in the field. I still use a laptop to store them.

I use my ps3 to check my cards. The pics come up right on the tv and its way easier than hitting an arrow key constantly. Just lounge on the couch and use the controller. You can delete or save any pics you want, just put a flash drive into the ps3 and you can save any/all pics to it to use on your computer.

2 cards for each cam and take the laptop in on setup to make sure I got the cam positioned how I want it. To be honest the card viewers I have seen are crap. Way to small. I like your idea of the tablet though!!

I also have 2 cards for each camera, but I use the microSD cards with an adapter so I can pop them into my phone when I want to check images in the field. works great, and there's one less thing to take with you.

2 cards for every camera here too. I went to Wally World and got a pill box. It has 2 sides: AM & PM. I keep my blank cards in the AM side, and the cards that I pull I put in the PM side. It fits in my pocket, keeps the small plastic pieces near the copper from breaking and it will hold 4 cards on each side.

61X0oo-NExL.jpg

bkcrrtnps said:
How do u view cards with IPAD

With a adaptor. I don't like it cause you have to import the picture to get the large view or to zoom in.

-}}}---------->

Yes better than a card reader. To do over I would not get an iPad does not like to play videos from my cameras. Only lets me watch some of them. Of coarse that was two os upgrades ago since I tried.

I have tried it all tablet, card reader, micro sd cards so I could put it in my phone and check them. I just go through them at home on the lap top or pc so I can just transfer them to my flash drive and see everything on a large screen in comfort.

Would like to have a phone with external sd card slot or an adaptor.

Mobil Cooter using IW

Top Bottom