Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sebastian

If you can not see the photos make sure your ad blocker is turned off. Great deer. I would love to see more photos of the 2013 rack! and that volleyball growth! It's weird how he only grew 8 inches and mainly on the brows. genetics I would guess or maybe that growth had something to do with it. What are your thoughts on the meat since he had the abscess? Stay away or cook him well done? Anyway heck of a 4.5 year old deer and amazing story! If you don't have a booner to shoot this is the next best thing folks!
The growth disappeared by the time late season 2012 rolled around so it must have popped and drained. I don't think his meat is affected anymore by the growth so he should be fine to eat.
I just don't think he was a giant buck genetically. We were hoping for a 15-20 inch growth from 2013 and when we didn't see it we put him on the hitlist. There is obviously always the question of what he could've been with another year of growth, but the property we hunt is pressured pretty regularly during bow season and pushed hard during the gun season so when we have opportunities at mature deer, we take them. I will try to dig up some 2012 pics of the abcess and post them. I haven't been able to find them quite yet.

Top Bottom