Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Second Season Buck

ridersoccer5

I killed this buck on friday after I convinced my parents to let me skip school. After lunch on friday i went and set up overlooking a drainage ditch coming from a bean field. I figured with a storm moving in on saturday they would be headed out to feed. About 2:30 i caught movement out of the corner of my eye and this buck had just jumped the fence and was standing 20 yards from me. I raised my gun and shot. He ran about 40 yards and I saw him tip over.It was a great day and as a bonus with school getting cancelled I don't have to make up all those tests I told my parents i didn't have. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
dereks_camera_331.JPG

nothing wrong with that!!!!

congrats
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Awesome buck AND as much as you should finish school and go to college- I love that you got it skipping out on the old educational prison (I finished college thankfully BUT man did I hate school- sorry for being honest). GREAT JOB and love the story, deer and situation!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 150 Class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice one! I like your weapon of choice too. Great photo. </div></div>
I agree!!! Great buck! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hillrunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice buck, You'd never miss 1 day of school , but you'll remember this the rest of your life. </div></div>
Right on.

Congrats!

I talked my parents into letting me skip school for deer season when I was in high school. As a straight A student, they cut me some slack and let me go. Unfortunately, I did not fill my tag.

PA closes their public schools for deer season. Talk about a hunter recruitment tool!

Nice Buck! I loved skipping school to hunt... I'm in grad school now and I still do it... A bad day hunting is way better than a great day in class!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have to make up all those tests I told my parents i didn't have </div></div>

as long as it was for a good cause (like huntin') your off the hook! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nice buck..thanks for sharing with us /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Nice buck! Way to get you're priorities straight. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom