Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Seed swap?

I'm looking for uncommon forbs (not necessarily for deer) and shrubs (hazelnut, plum, AC, DCO, etc...). I am just trying to open an exchange between members as I've seen it be very successful on other forums. Seeds, cuttings or other plant material to be propagated are all welcome!

What do ya have this year Ollie?

I have some DCO's from PA, NE and KS in the fridge as we speak.

I could use some more wildflowers/forbes.

Also have some eastern wahoo....ice cream plant for deer with very stunning fall leaf colors and fruits for landscaping or wildlife planting.

F252B9C3-2A5C-4CB5-B011-C488A9B24424-3632-000002941FFFFBBB.jpg

I have these species for sure and may have others away from the house...

Purple prairie clover
White prairie clover
Wild quinine
Yellow drooping coneflower
Evening primrose
Golden alexander
Tall cinquefoil
a few species of goldenrod
Pale purple coneflower
Butterfly milkweed

Are you for certain that the shrub isn't an Euonymus sp.?

Eastern Wahoo is a Euonymus species....Euonymus atropurpureus

I'd like to get the white and purple prairie clover and the pale purple coneflower...if I have anything of trade value you want.

Wish I had seen this post earlier in the week...planted all my wild plum seeds the other day and sold 22 lbs worth to the MDC back in August. :D

Last edited:
Also Ollie, the MDC seedling order form comes online on November 1st this year and they are now selling seedlings in bundles of 10, 25 and 100. They will surely have some wild plum, hazelnut and a host of other shrubs to get that way too.

I say usually because they have always had those shrubs...barring any type of major seed loss or something.

I guess I left out "invasive" when generalizing Euonymus. We have a problem with eurasian burning bush around here even though Wahoo is native to the county. I could go for some DCO acorns and some wahoo. I'll get some seed separated for you and will PM my mailing info.

I have collected over 70 spp. This year. Looking to diversify 14 acres of 2 year old planted crp though, so I will be using all of it. But, maybe next year I can collect some extra!

I have collected over 70 spp. This year. Looking to diversify 14 acres of 2 year old planted crp though, so I will be using all of it. But, maybe next year I can collect some extra!

That is great news!! I like hearing about people diversifying their CRP plantings with something other than switch grass when possible. :way:

Top Bottom