Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Seeding cleaned up acreage

Butch973

Finally got the last of the junk cleaned up on the new acreage was able to leave a lot of the trees which I wanted but it got scraped pretty good around and underneath where there’s just bare dirt. I don’t plan on mowing it or anything but is there a seed mix I could Frost seed that would work to take advantage of the bare dirt and upcoming winter/spring cycle?

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've been working on removing the honeysuckle that has over taken my small timber. The area that I have removed it from, looks like a park. I'm hoping for some native to come up but was wondering if there is anything to frost seed just to make sure I get stuff so it doesn't look like a park.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've been working on removing the honeysuckle that has over taken my small timber. The area that I have removed it from, looks like a park. I'm hoping for some native to come up but was wondering if there is anything to frost seed just to make sure I get stuff so it doesn't look like a park.
How much sunlight does it get?

I don't have any pics but a tornado went through in 2017 and took down quite a few trees so it is somewhat open and that's when the honey suckle took off. I'm hoping with getting rid of it, more natives will start growing but if I can help to move along I would like to.

I wouldn't seed anything until the invasives are cleaned up. From there you would have the option to burn, and let it go.

Top Bottom