Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

seeding when weather isnt the norm

Buck-Man

Hey guys , 3 part question here bare with me.
My property is in southern IL and with our winter being so mild this year can I throw some clover down now ?
I have 3 established plots that had atv trails around them and no longer use and wanted to add that area to the existing plot.
I also have 2 established clover plots that were planted in W.I. imperial 3 years ago that just were overtaken by ragweed last season and some grasses. Ive tried 24db and cutting but couldnt get ahold of it, now i have some clover which might come back if I can get all the weeds out but the plots have so much laid down garbage ,dead ragweed ,grasses.
Is it best to rework soil and replant my own mix of clovers?
Do to equipment problem and weather issues last year i wasnt able to plant my corn,brassicas/turnips/sugarbeets,chufa .ive kept it wrapped in the nylon bags and in tupperware bins and no lids in the polebarn will this seed be good this season?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ok here we go !! Lol to answer your first question. Yes now is a great time to plant clover Imperial whitetail clover or any clover for that matter. Our farm is I southeast Missouri and I have had lots of luck using ladino clover ( kinda pricey but good stuff). Question two if your having trouble with grasses and such. It would be my opinion that u would be ahead to start over and replant or try a double chemical burn. That's is to take and put a good hard burn to it then wait two weeks or so and burn it again. For ur last and final question I would not throw the seed away but would mix it in with fresh and plant plenty heavy hope this will help you out. There is no good place out there to get answers for those types of questions

Ps,
I would try gly4 our a roundup type herbicide and plenty of crop oil and spray right before a rain u only need enough time for the spray to dry before a rain for best results

Top Bottom