Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Seeing does

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
I'm hunting some property that has two pretty narrow tree lines (about 10 to 20 yards wide) that are about a half mile long. They form an oval and at the south end of the oval I have a stand. The will not go all the way north because it is a road and then just plain flat bean fields as far as the eye can see. Then at the south end of the oval where the tree lines meet is a timber that is about 50 yards wide that I have two stands in, then it buts up agaisnt a good sized creek with more timber on the other side of that. In the middle of the oval is a picked corn field and it is a picked bean field and picked corn field on the outsides of the tree lines and timber. From where my stands are I can see the edge of the tree lines. I am seeing deer come out way to the north, coming out of the oval to eat in the picked corn. I have noticed that I am only seeing does and a few yearlings. I am wondering where the bucks are. I figured by now the yearlings would be pushed off from the does or that I would see some bucks come out and start chasing them around a bit, but nothing. Do you think these does have already gone into estrous and been bred? Or have they yet to come into estrous? What are your thoughts?

No one has any thoughts on this? Once again this morning and tonight I saw several does together but no bucks.

agreed

i have been seeing the same thing the rut can not be but barely started has to be getting good this week surely i think winter will be longer thatn usual and the rut is late at least i hope anyway

cant speak for Iowa but ive been in the woods almost every day since halloween and i think the rut is late here. i have been seeing some chasing but still alot of does with fawns and such...just my take....havent seen alot of mature buck movement during the day yet

I have a ton of corn in where I am hunting so take it for what's it's worth but I hunted hard all weekend and saw nothing but does...mostly yearlings. I would say the lock down is upon us.

Top Bottom