Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sen. Dianne Feinstein To Introduce Assault Weapons Ban

Randy,........yes on the mall shooting in Oregon. I am sure that we likely hear anything not inner city or gang related, random acts anyways.

Teampewp,........ I think antidepressants are quite common here as well. I can't say what percentage of people would be on them but I could look into it. I think we differ greatly in gun numbers and availability of guns, in fact I know we do. That is one major difference.

Edit: I found that around 6% of Can. are on antidepressants where US is more than 10% so that is a difference of almost double, so mathematically, a % of the greater per capita gun killings may be b/c of that for sure.

Last edited:
"Regular & quiet guy" I know says today.... Say these school shootings.... why don't, when you buy a $20 high-cap magazine for law abiding folks, make the price $30.... $10 will go to hire a cop with an AR-15 in every school. Or whatever the dollar amount. For this freedom (in constitution) and our rights to protect ourselves from enemies - we pay a "little" to protect against the criminals? They'd raise billions on a small increase (and I mean small) as a "tax" (and I'm against more taxes, don't get me wrong) to have an officer in schools, malls, etc with a loaded weapon. Think this crap would happen like this? Hardly. Why you don't see these guys going in to shoot up police stations - it's always "gun free" zones. Just like Air-Wardens on airplanes, why isn't there one in every school, mall, etc? Not that expensive and rather than taking away our freedoms, would most rather pay a little more before losing our rights?

I dunno, I think he had some dang good logic there!!!

I believe none of this is being thought thru. If we take away assault rifles or hi-cap magazines the dumbsh$$$ will just carry more magazines. If we put a cop in every school they will shoot up a bus. If we take away guns all together they will just bomb a school. Nothing is gonna stop this imo. It's definitely a cultural issue. IMO which will only be solved through good parenting among other things.

I'm from CA. Born and raised there. I have had to deal with this woman for many years and let me promise you that she won't be happy until all guns are band. When she got high capacity mags band in ca it was retroactive. You don't want to be caught with one there I don't care when you bought it. You best start calling your state reps now and voice your opinions! It's gonna be a long next 4 years.

I believe none of this is being thought thru. If we take away assault rifles or hi-cap magazines the dumbsh$$$ will just carry more magazines. If we put a cop in every school they will shoot up a bus. If we take away guns all together they will just bomb a school. Nothing is gonna stop this imo. It's definitely a cultural issue. IMO which will only be solved through good parenting among other things.

I agree.

I think we need to take care of this fiscal crisis first and let the emotion die down on the shootings.

After we take care of the fiscal crisis lets visit this when everyone is more rational. The liberals know that while emotion is high they can get more done. Not a way to make a sensible bill though.

I agree.

I think we need to take care of this fiscal crisis first and let the emotion die down on the shootings.

After we take care of the fiscal crisis lets visit this when everyone is more rational. The liberals know that while emotion is high they can get more done. Not a way to make a sensible bill though.

Very well said, Tony! Although, I have seen both sides (far right and far left) try to get non-sensible bills through during times of high emotions. But I still agree whole-heartedly with you!

Not sure that the Wall Street Journal is "typically liberal", but it is still an extremely well written article with a lot of very thought provoking information that much of the rest of the media will not be telling us about.

Very good article this morning in this typically liberal newspaper.... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...78185271857424036.html?mod=wsj_valettop_email

This is a balanced, well done article. In particular I appreciate that term, "pretend gun free" zones.

If some nut wants to wreak havoc to get back at the world, etc, and is already so far gone that he goes to an elementary school to shoot 1st graders then I think we realistically need to consider that as soon as there are some barriers to getting into a building to do so, then that nut will just go on to "plan B".

Meanwhile we may have greatly escalated the very real costs of prevention, which at best is only partial. Put an armed guard at every school?...How should that be paid for? Suppose we all agree and do so. Then the nut just stays outside and target shoots the school playground, the nearby park, swimming pool, etc. IMO, we realistically cannot proactively outflank a nuts every move.

God help us...I just seen that Biden is going to lead the way on the gun grab.

Isn't most of Liberal "Logic" spawned from "emotional whims"?!!??? Aren't u proud we voted this crowd back into office?!?? They r going to save me from myself after they give me handouts. So proud of these politicians & the folks who put them in office!!!!

Yes, I hate these knee jerk reactions. Of course it's led to one of my own. I have never owned a firearm for any purpose other then hunting.......... Until today. Could see the writing on the wall just listening to the radio friday after work. I went straight to the Sheriffs office and then to order my XDM .45 picked it up today. Never seen the gun stores so crazy around here.

The NRA's Wayne LaPierre wrote an excellent article in the latest issue of American Hunter magazine. He explains how the current anti-gun push is being funded by just a few powerful billionaires.

http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/standing_guard/

In a November 3, 2012, puff piece touting Mayor Bloomberg’s self-coronation as the nation’s gun-ban king, The National Journal crowed, “…the billionaire is laying the groundwork to become a one man counterweight to one of the nation’s most powerful lobbies: the National Rifle Association.” The article said he is dedicating “his massive wealth” to that end.

From Senator Feinstein's website:

• Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

So if you own any gun that Feinstein doesn't like and doesn't include on her exempt list, you'll have to register your guns, be photographed and have your fingerprints taken, and be subject to a tax under the NFA if you want to keep your guns.

Top Bottom