Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sent a tresspasser to jail tonight

hoosierhunter

Indiana recently passed a law allowing for the prosecution of trespassing on farm property by either a owner or person who leases the property. I got to put this new toy to use tonight. My wonderful neighbor didn't heed my warnings about not snowmobiling on our place or leases. He even ran down my standing beans and turnip plot with the sleds. Enough was enough and a fresh snow today had them out so I dialed up the sheriff. He was able to catch them in the act and they admitted to being warned and destroying my property(they had to being caught in the act). 3 individuals will be prosecuted for criminal trespass and destruction of personal property. They also are required to pay restitution for the damage done. To top it off, the property owner jumped on his sled and rode out to the road looking for his dog while the officer was talking to me. Anyone guess what happens to a person who operates a motor vehicle while being hammered???? Yep, that's a free ride to jail for a DUI charge on top of everything else.

Only down fall about all this dang snow. The snowmobiles come out in full force. Haven't had issues with them sledding fields until this year. When I was down south last weekend almost every spot had sled tracks through it, really frustrates a guy!

Yes,,watch out! Back when I lived in N-MI, I heard crash one night. Ran out and saw a car already well down the road. Also saw my garage door smashed in. Police said,"Ya have any enemies?". I said no, but I do call the DNR on poachers. Police said, That's probably it! Police got there long after whoever?,,was gone.

You can't worry about what someone, who is in the wrong, might do. Make them worry about you.

MO, you're taking my comments out of context. Never said one thing about a rumble crew, only to set an example and be known for not tolerating trespassers through legal means/channels. People trespass because landowners often do not report and/or LE does not follow up. There is no way in the world I would worry about trespassers if I caught them and the police were willing to pay them a visit. Would be foolish to retaliate with an established motive after being caught on the property without permission. Not saying it doesn't happen but that would not stop me.

Last edited:
MO, you're taking my comments out of context. Never said one thing about a rumble crew, only to set an example and be known for not tolerating trespassers through legal means/channels. People trespass because landowners often do not report and/or LE does not follow up. There is no way in the world I would worry about trespassers if I caught them and the police were willing to pay them a visit. Would be foolish to retaliate with an established motive after being caught on the property without permission. Not saying it doesn't happen but that would not stop me.

I know, was joking

I guess im confused..Did the fella they arrest own the ground and you lease it? How will the next contract signing go if that's the case. Just saying

Top Bottom