Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Serving a bow string

180class

Hey guys and gals, I just received my STS system in the mail and it comes with a piece of serving. They say to serve your string where in comes in contact with the STS, just to be safe. First of all for all of you that are using an STS system, is this necessary? Secondly, I've never served a string before. Is it a simple task? If so, could someone quickly walk me through the steps. Thanks for any help you can give.

Yes, IMO it is necessary to use the extra serving because it gives added protection in that area to your string, have seen on Archery Talk where a gentleman didnt use the serving and it serverly frayed his string. Have had no problems with mine but I didnt install the serving either. I would suggest you take it to a bow shop.

I'm just trying to bump this up. I really need some advice here. Come on guys, a little help would be nice.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
not the best link but the quickest I can find...

serving

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one I had as a reference.

I was wondering IF, a guy could squeeze some shrink tubing on the string in place of the serving for the STS. I know you'd have to remove the string to do it which makes it a bit of a pain but it might work. Just a thought.
smirk.gif

Top Bottom