Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Set up for Turkeys

I really like to put out a flock :)
flock1sms.jpg

I actually just go with a Jake and a hen, or a strutter and a hen. Never needed much more.

If I am toting a shotgun, I rarely put out anything. If I do, it's usually just a jake.

Here is a picture of a bird my dad shot a couple of years back. We have been using this set up for years now with great success! I will use 1 upright hen and 1 strutting tom or jake. Some times I will use a couple of feeding hens if it's early in the season and there still flocked up a little.

picture.php

I really like to put out a flock :)
flock1sms.jpg

I actually just go with a Jake and a hen, or a strutter and a hen. Never needed much more.

If I am toting a shotgun, I rarely put out anything. If I do, it's usually just a jake.
Them are some ugly turkeys!:D

DSD Jake close to the blind, and depending on how the birds are acting I'll slip the submissive hen out front. Sometimes that's the trick to tweak the Tom enough to commit fully.

Dsd over a submissive hen 7 yards in front of the blind and a feeder hen 25 yards away from the blind in the best spot that allows the Tom to see it when he enters the field. Works great!

This is my setup from a couple years ago but last year I quit using the hen decoy. I was videoing my hunt and this is a screenshot from it.

Dave smith jake and upright hen. Bowhunting ill always make it apear as the hen is trying to get away from the jake. "Hen super close to the blind, facing the blind" and ill put the jake where im most comfortable shooting with him almost broadside but faced towards the hen.
If im toting a gun i rarely use any decoys and if i do its a butchered full strut decoy with a fan on it for the up close and personal encounters

Pulled my avian x jake out of the decoy bag and the beard fell off, is this something I need to worry about getting replaced?

Top Bottom