Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Setting up new havoctec???

ironwood

Ok, I just bought a new 2003 Havoctec and need to set it up. These are my thought so far. Trophy taker shaky hunter rest, copper john sights or trophy ridge, doinker stabilizer, Alpine Archery 5 arrow kwiver. Peep I am not sure about. I have used a peep with the rubber band on it but wonder about good options to loose the rubber.

Let me know your thoughts

sounds like a good deal ironwood. only thing i would change is the shakeyhunter to the normal trophy taker, but either one is good good good!!!

i use a tru peep in mine, the rubber tubing is too loud for my liking. you may want to consider a full set of zebra strings in the future. those factory hoyt strings just suck and will stretch on you, mine are.

Thanks Muddy, I new the string would have to go but thought I'd shoot this one for a while. What can I expect from the string streching?

A FOR SALE sign on it would be good
evil.gif

For sale to a what????? Don't try and influence ironwood to say the "M" word. As far as your choices for accessories, they sound good ironwood. You should be real happy with your bow once it is all setup.

The "M' word come from the factory with a zebra string on them. Just think Ironwood if you would have went with the "M' word you would have the perfect setup. Just kidding Ironwood sounds like you will have a sweet bow when you get it set up!

157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

On the peep I would go with a tru peep or a super peeep. Both of these will require you to put on a set of quality strings, which puts zebra out of the running. Winners choice is the best way to go on strings. They have the best track record for quality out there, and you will need it to prevent your peep from turning with out the rubber tube.
iaarcher

Rack, Vman what can I tell you. My money is all gone until the next time I buy a Hoyt.
grin.gif

Now winners choice or zebra. There's a debate I've not been part of. If I don't get a new string would you stay with a rubber tube because of tuning?

Rack, there is a for sale sign on chicken legs hoyt in our classifieds.

Ironwood,
You can take this for what its worth. I originally shot a rubber tubed peep, until I accidentally figured out a way to shoot without it. I use a D loop to shoot with and found out that by adjusting the D loop on the string I get the peep hole to line up perfectly every time without the rubber tubing. I wrapped the rubber tubing around my upper limb just in case I ever run into a problem and have to re-attach it to the peep. So far so good though, and I've probably shot a thousand arrows through it without having to readjust the D loop. When you replace you're D loop, you'll have to fiddle with it a little to get the string to twist correctly to get the peep to realign, but it's worth not having the tubing attached.
Hope that all made sense. Sure was a lot of typing to explain a simple procedure.
grin.gif

CRITR

Muddy, why not the shakey hunter? I thought that was the "cat's meow" in some earlier posts? I'm a little confused!

Finally bit the bullet eh ironwood. Congradulations, you have just purchased one of the finest pieces of archery equiptment known to man. A HOYT.
I'm with IAARCHER, winners choice is the only way to go with a bow string. No creep, no fuzzies, no stretch, no twist. There is one other brand of string to look at. Next time you see OneCam, ask him if you can see his string. The thing looks 3D, never needs waxed, holds up strong. All of your other choices seems good for your setup. The only thing I would suggest is to go with the Hoyt Quick detach Quiver, it matches, and you can take it off when you get to your stand. Can't wait to see it. I have a 5 pin matrix trophy ridge sight I would sell ya.
Good luck.

after seeing onecam's deer this year i'm not saying a word about his unique bow string. in fact, i'm going with the built in string silencer look myself.
wink.gif

bought my razertec last feb. used the factory string until this feb without any problems and i shot a ton, replaced it with a zebra. I'll have to disagree with our resident hoyt man "Supertec" about the quiver. I have the Hoyt quiver> although it does look nice and matches, it is loud when it rubs a branch and also is a pain to detach. You really have to give it a good wack to get it out.....to much noise movement for this guy. My brother has the same setup except he bought the less expensive alpine quiver and i like it much better...especially the detachment device. Its up to you on the rest of your excessories, there sure is getting to be a lot to choose from. I have a cosmic impact site and wisker bisquit and i am happy with both. Being a tradionalist for almost all my life until last year i had a hard time getting use to lining up behind the string and never have used a peep and i have good results with out it. Good luck on your purchases. Have fun!
grin.gif

DOR, I have not been impressed with Hoyt quivers either. I agree completely with you assessment of them. I switched to a Alpine at the end of last season and really like the disconnect. The extra screw clip you can buy to hang the quiver once in your stand is not as easy or as convenient as I would have thought. I would recommend a different method of storing your quiver once in the tree.

I am checking into a custom string maker that was recommended. I will update on the string.

Critrgetr, I do shoot a d-loop and I’ll put a tru peep in and see if I have any twisting issues.

I’ll make sure and post the final setup and let you all know how I like my choices and thanks to all for your input. Part of much of my outdoor success belongs to many of you.
waytogo.gif

Congrats on the new bow Ironwood! Good to see you connected on a good bow. Do you like the D Loop? Thinking about doing that myself.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally bit the bullet eh ironwood. Congradulations, you have just purchased one of the finest pieces of archery equiptment known to man. A HOYT.
I'm with IAARCHER, winners choice is the only way to go with a bow string. No creep, no fuzzies, no stretch, no twist. There is one other brand of string to look at. Next time you see OneCam, ask him if you can see his string. The thing looks 3D, never needs waxed, holds up strong. All of your other choices seems good for your setup. The only thing I would suggest is to go with the Hoyt Quick detach Quiver, it matches, and you can take it off when you get to your stand. Can't wait to see it. I have a 5 pin matrix trophy ridge sight I would sell ya.
Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I hate to inflate Super's & Iaarchers egos, I have to agree with them. The zebra is ok, but from what I've seen and heard, the only string to keep the peep where you choose, has been the winners choice. Nobody tell those guys I agree with them ok? It's hard enough talking with them now...they'll be unbearable if they think I agreed with them.
grin.gif

Top Bottom