Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF2029

Sheriff discretion is removed but requirement is still "need to go armed"? I don't know exactly how other right to carry states have this worded. I would like to see something that permit will be issued upon request to any adult without criminal record.

I must say that it has been a while since I contacted a state rep. urging them to support a proposed bill.

But this is one that in my opinion is long over due here in Iowa.

Thank you TimberPig for posting it.
waytogo.gif

I think this part of the law is perfect as a shall issue if enacted, the problem (which can be fixed later and is no reason not to completely support 2029) is that the part listing the requirements still says (among other things) [ QUOTE ]
724.7 NONPROFESSIONAL PERMIT TO CARRY WEAPONS.
Any person who can reasonably justify going armed may be issued a
nonprofessional permit to carry weapons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the fact that this was introduced early in the session by the Republican floor leader this just might (with our help) have a chance.

you shouldn't have to "resaonably justify" why you need to be armed. if you don't have a criminal record, it should be allowed

I agree, but until the first part of the law reads "Shall issue" there's no point in bickering about "reasonably justify"

Top Bottom