Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shame on Costas

Nope, I will not claim that guy as one of "my own"!!
Thanks but I'll be the judge of who I give that title to!:thrwrck:

And FYI here's an email I sent to Mr. Whitlock this morning...

10:05 AM (8 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to ballstate0
cleardot.gif

Mister Whitlock,

I just finished reading your piece about the tragedy in Kansas City. I agree with you on a lot of your points particularly the ones concerning how football in general is viewed. But I couldn't disagree with you more on current gun laws. I believe in my heart of hearts that stricter gun control will not solve these issues plaguing society today. Creating more and more gun laws is tantamount to cutting off your nose to cure your cold. It might alleviate your immediate symptoms but will it solve the problem? I believe gun control to be the easy way of trying to fix a much greater problem that we face as whole.
Better questions to ask, rather than how did he get a gun, might be "what made him think this was the only solution he had and how do we change that?", or "how come he didn't know there was help available and it is OK to ask for that help?
These are much more difficult to provide a viable answers for. I know that people want to help and feel as if their making a contribution to making the world a safer place. Some of the questions I've posed don't offer the instant gratification that passing a law or the such can sometimes provide. But even if we pass more laws, the real problems aren't going to go away with fewer guns.
I understand that gun violence is a problem. So is spousal abuse (physical and verbal) and child molestation. These crimes too are against the individual, against humanity and society in general yet they don't recieve the national coverage that a shooting might. It's in situations like these that the desperation and anger and feelings of powerlesness give rise to the idea to pick up a gun. If we can overcome those issues, gun violence will become less of a problem.
Please sir, I ask you to reconsider your approach solving the issues of gun violence. The issues are complex and extremely difficult, I know. But unless we can solve the reasons these things occur, gun violence will never end. Regardless of how illegal or difficult it is get a gun. Look at drugs...

Thank you,

Nice letter and I know there are the few exceptions, but I feel like you're missing the point. You're on the same team as this guy, you voted for the same man and you're trying to say that you're different? What are you going to do when the man you voted for takes our right to protect ourselves away? Are you going to say "well I suppose its in our best interests" (btw I know a lot of guys who would say this and it makes me want to throw up). All I'm saying is this...guys like Costas and Obama don't give a crap about the American sportsman and the 2nd amendment. They want guns gone and will do anything to do it.. After all, its part of the liberal agenda and Obama proved that by appointing that Sotomayor or whoever she is to the Supreme Court. They want the 2nd amendment destroyed. It just baffles me that sportsman like you would vote for a man who wants to destroy something you love (and I'm assuming that you love to hunt and also protect yourself against whatever may come to harm you, whether that's just a simple robbery or a government getting too strong). Same team my friend, same team. I can win this friendly debate all day long, and I'm afraid that your article to the man who inspired Costas will be deleted.

Deleted or not, I posted it because its something I believe and didn't want people to think I was just talk. I am willing to defend what I believe sir, as evidence by my military service, and I believe in the 2nd amendment. I sometimes think the idea that the government will take your guns is spurned on by lobbyists who make money by telling people they are defending your freedoms. I think they're the ones we need to look out for.

Moose your my boy and you know that but Ray Lewis is innocent. Also a gun was as guilty in the incident as a car was in a dui, and fork in a heart attack and a helmet in a concussion. Lets get real people(Costas). Time to take responsibility for our actions.

Your right. My appoligies.

The thing I find interesting in this whole mess is, why would he use Monday Night Football as a platform to spew this non sense. My opinion is NBC is owned by GE and we all know GE is real tight with the Obama administration, and as the famous words of Rahm Emanual "never let a crisis go to wast". I believe the Obama administration has told its new orginizations to start pushing for tighter gun controle laws in order to soften the blow in the comming months. The founders of this country knew as long as the people of this country are armed the Government would have to answer to us, so in order to Permanatly CHANGE this country the first thing that has to be done is to Unarm the Militia.

sorry...I was tryin to avoid political discussions after the last trouncing I gave all the republicans in here!:D
No sorry needed. You make hellish points and you served our country. I just add it up and you fall into the republican side hands down.

I do believe that people were killing themselves and others before guns were around. If someone wants to kill they will find a way. It just won't be me or my loved ones. Just a thought???

Is freedom of speech still an amendment? Im just wondering since you are all doing a pretty good job of trouncing on Costas for using his... Your all so smart on the issues but then when somebody speaks their opinion he is a moron? I guess I missed the part in the article where he said "all you pro gun guys are idiots"

You are correct it is his right to speak his mind just like it is our right to disagree with him. To me it is poor taste to use a tragedy such as this to push bias opinions on NFL viewers most of which are pro 2nd amendment.

I would like to hear him commentate a baseball game with Nerf bats. If you want someone dead, you will find a way...

Costas is an asshat. Always has been, always will be. Instead of taking the time to talk about where, when and why to get help and addressing the real issues, he used a tragedy to push a political agenda. To me this just shows his character, you use a situation like this to push political agendas you are flat out showing your lack of care for those involved.

Absolutely ridiculous

I was watching when he went into his rant about how handguns are negatively affecting our judgement. He most likely doesn't hunt, doesn't shoot recreationally, or ever fired a weapon. DON'T TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU HAVE NO REFERENCE OR EXPERIENCE IN!! THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE GUNS WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO BUY ONE OUT OF A TRUNK AND CAUSE HAVOC. IF WE TOOK GUNS AWAY FROM THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS THERE WOULD BE NO PROTECTION FROM THE CRIMINALS!! DON'T LET SOME DISHONEST SNIFFLING LAWYER TWIST THE LAW AND LET THESE CRIMINALS GO FREE. FRY EM AND WE WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!! AS A LAW ABIDING CITIZEN I AM SICKENED BY COMMENTS LIKE BOB COSTAS BULL$#@*!!!!!!!!!!! SWITCH YOUR FOCUS WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE DUMB@$$!!!!!!!

Top Bottom