Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sharpening muzzy blades

NWBuck

PMA Member
Filled a couple of antlerless tags and found myself in need of replacement blades for 100 grain muzzy heads. Didn't have time to run anywhere to get them, so I decided to run my used blades across a stone and see if I could get them acceptably sharp. I sorted through a bunch of used blades to eliminate those with cuts, nicks or noticeable gouges in the blade. Didn't know if this would work well enough or not, but to my surprise, after a few quick strokes on each side, I believe they're now sharper than when they came new in the package. Has me wondering if maybe a person shouldn't run even new blades across a stone before taking them to the field. Anyone else tried this?

I've resharpened Muzzy's before, works wonders and saves the pocketbook. After sharpening them to the point of sharper than they come out of the package I found that the blades roll over on ya, so I try to knock the burrs off but don't make them shaving sharp.

Top Bottom