Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shed buck bill

You've got to be kidding me! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Hunting up until April 1st?!

Looks like it's time to send another e-mail!

Unbelievable!! What will they come up with next?

That is the most ridiculous bill I've heard yet this year.

Anyone think the season should start earlier...September 1st, antlerless only...that would seem to have more common sense behind it. What happens in Des Moines...is everyone smoking weed when they write these things?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DWilk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unbelievable!! What will they come up with next?

That is the most ridiculous bill I've heard yet this year. </div></div>

The year is still fresh.

Year round slaughter will be next......I guess these people don't want to control the herd, they want it eliminated!

Scary thing is, they might get it done in some areas.

Rep who filed this bill is Cecil Dolecheck

[email protected]

Below is House Natural Resource Committee Leadership. Please contact them also. Rep. Bell has been very supportive of Ia sportsmen.

Paul Bell (D, District 41), Chair
John W. Beard (D, District 16), Vice Chair
Dave Deyoe (R, District 10), Ranking Member

wow. pretty obvious that this fool has NO knowledge of deer. between february and april 1st, nearly ALL deer are "antlerless". shooting a buck this time of year, especially, will have absolutely NO bearing on herd size.

we have plenty of time available to harvest does. if you want more does taken, LOWER DOE TAG PRICES

atleast with all this new idiotic legislation (much of which is too stupid to ever see the light of day) we can see who some of these people really are.
dolecheck apparently is some sort of puppet for farm bureau
herring is a "friend" of FOI

I would think even if they passed, I would hope the majority of the hunters would refuse to hunt. I know I would...

How is it that these people can't grasp a rather simple concept. If they can't sell out the whole quota there is a reason, such as no areas to hunt where there are ample numbers of deer to have a chance of success. The extra seasons and high doe harvests have already reduced our harvest by almost half in just 4 years, how much further do some of these misguided people want to go. If they reduce the total herd to the 170,000 goal and with fewer acres that are accessible how many once a year hunters will just drop out and then what happens to IDNR funding? It sounds like that even if a license is sold but not filled then a depredation tag can be sold in its place. What kind of sense does that make? If tags aren't filled then there probably aren't deer to fill them with, so what good will a deprivation tag do?

Is this a product of the lower counties of Iowa having large doe populations with allot of land tied up by NR, and the does just aren't being taken? It seems most areas in the state had a drop in the number of antlerless tags last year except fopr southern IA, (at least in my observation) and isn't that the part of the state that has been bought and leased up a bunch by NR?

Email sent.....

im a copy, paste, and 'send' freakshow!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

they are never gonna hear the end of me!!!

[email protected]

send him an email!!!!

I'd like to see the antlerless season occur during late november, prior to shotgun season. Also, we could use the earn a buck model for archery and gun season as well. I don't like late season antlerless, too much stress for too long of time period during bad weather.

You wouldn't see me hunting anytime after the bow season ends now on Jan 10th. It would be way too much stress on the deer herd when all they are trying to do is make it through the winter. Deer accidents are way down and I agree with deeraddict that most counties that are hunted most by residents the deer numbers are way down. I don't think Lee and Tiffany are taking enough does though.

Top Bottom