Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shed buck contest 2012- it's here!!!!

Lately I've been sitting on a cut cornfield in Clarke Co, with my .270, for this buck I had on trail camera to show up. He is a beautiful Typ 10 pt that will go in the mid 160's. I see him every night 15 min till dark in the same field. He has dropped half of his rack, but he just won't drop the other side. I think he can win the shed buck contest, if he'd only drop the other side.
Skip- Are there any recomendations on getting this buck to drop his other side by Thursday night? Cause that will be my last chance to get it done.

Skip: I picked up a pair of bus tickets from Green Bay to Indianapolis (Super Bowl Weekend) for less than 10 bucks last night on craigslist. I would be willing to throw those in for the 4th or 5th place prize for the shed buck contest!

Last edited:
All these ideas are great! And thanks for the additional prizes- they will be needed because one locker just registered 14 entries of some superb shed bucks! I will go to committee with some questions about the rules- will follow up- I have a feeling all cases will be approved as we are looking for as many shed buck entries and adding more shed buck hunters to our woods each day. Good luck to all out there!

Looks like I won't be winning any of the prizes in the shed buck contest this year. I was looking forward to giving it one last shot this weekend but it doesn't look like that will happen. I was talking to one of the farmers that allows me to hunt on his land and he was telling me that he saw two quail crossing the road onto his farm yesterday. Thats twice as many quail as I have seen in the last several years, so since this is the last weekend of quail season I think I will load up my vizla, Hank, and see if he remembers what a quail is. I thought we had this quail problem taken care of years ago, I guess we missed a few. If we don't stay on top of this situation it could really get out of hand quick. I mean before you know it these two could turn into a couple dozen and then there would be such a greater risk of car/quail accidents, it scares me just thinking about it.

Top Bottom