Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shelled or cracked corn?

I have always used cracked corn in the summer to get pictures of deer. I've never used shelled and wondered if anyone has good results with it? Also I found out it was way cheaper to go to a co-op and buy bulk instead of the 50 pound bags. Shelled or cracked?

Shelled, but not sure it matters much. I'm mixing in apples off of my neighbors trees this week in an attempt to lighten the blow to my wallet.

I have 6 apple trees and several other friends with trees and I get good pictures over them. I take a machete with me and cut them up. It gets the smell out there and they can eat them better. Throw in some shell corn and put it all in an alphalpha food plot and its a buffet for a king.

If I use corn, it's usually shelled. But just because that's what my dad has on hand for cows. Cracked would work too. Deer seem to love corn in any of its forms...shelled, cracked, on the cob, in a mix, etc etc.

If i use corn, its usually Cracked... I've used most varieties tho.. I stray from whole kernel or cob cuz the deer and squirrels seem to eat it quicker...

DDG also work excellent if you can access any. Couple 5gal buckets and you'll have more pics in a week than most will in a month. And the residual stuff hangs around longer and its sweet flavor helps;)

Top Bottom