Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shipping a firearm?

Scooonie

I thought someone might be able to help me out. I would like to ship my cousin one of my muzzleloaders but have no clue what it takes to ship a gun. Is anyone familiar with the procedure? Thanks for your time!

I could be wrong but I dont think you would have to do anything special for a muzzy. I would think if you could buy one over the counter at walmart with no background check or paper work you could ship it how ever you felt safe doing it.

A muzzleloader may be shipped thru the mail. You do not have to send it to an FFL dealer. I ship and recieve muzzleloaders all the time thru the USPS.

I don't believe a muzzy is a "firearm" as defined by the gun control act, however, most states require you ship from ffl(federal firearms licensee) in one state to a ffl in the destination state. Check with a local ffl(gun dealer) and they will know.

whoops blake got to it, sorry.

Everyone is correct. I had to look into shipping a bunch of firearms from Iowa to Arizona after my dad passed away and, unless, its an Encore, muzzy's don't need to be FFL-FFL.

Top Bottom