Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

shipping ammunition?

muddy

Simple question, how does a guy go about mailing ammunition to another guy?

I assume this is illegal thru the post office but just wanted to check. I'm talking like 100 or 200 rounds, nothing ridiculous.

I believe when we do it at work, we just use UPS. But you need to let them now it is ODM or something like that. Then you should be fine.

Chris

Better check UPS regs. My mom went to ship me some ammo to get it out of her house after my grandpa died and UPS said no. The shipping instructions on the label said "no ammunition" or something like that. Places like Cabelas, Midway, Bass Pro, etc. have a special permit to ship it is my understanding.

shipping

the post office will not take it, you need to use UPS or fedex I just shipped some through UPS the other day. I had to bring it to the terminal since the UPS shop wouldnt take it she said they didnt have the insurance to ship ammo,arhcery,gun

Funny you brought this up Muddy, we have been going through some what of a nightmere the last few day's , with our local post office and USPS service's telling us we had to be a licensed dealer to ship out a gun, Not true! Call the ATF and they will let you know all the legality info you need, Our local post master and UPS told us No, ( they seemed to have made up their own rule's on what they would ship ( not legal) most likely anti gun peopleLOL.
The ATF guy pretty much laughed when we told him what our local mailing services where telling us as "that is not our state law on shipping gun's or ammo." You should have no problem using FedX, they do want you to use an over night shipping , which will cost you more in shipping cost, But like I said after what we are dealing with right now ( with some moron's) Call the ATF to get the fact's on your state's law's .

the post office will not take it, you need to use UPS or fedex I just shipped some through UPS the other day. I had to bring it to the terminal since the UPS shop wouldnt take it she said they didnt have the insurance to ship ammo,arhcery,gun

I'm guessing this is why my mom was told no, then. She was at a UPS store. I'll let her know. Thanks for the info!

ORM-D is what is needed on the box

Correct. I send reloaded 38 ammo to SILs in both CO & TX to save them $$$. If you "Google" ORM-D you can find images that can be printed off & attached to the package. Then send UPS ground through their main terminals. Many of their pick-up stations will not accept ORM-D packages. :way:

Top Bottom