Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shipping container for storage

I have seen a couple posts, I can't remember if it was on here or the QDMA site though, where people talked about using containers as storage devices. I think someone even made a bit of a cabin out of a container too. While I am not claustrophobic...I think I would be if I had to sleep in a container! :grin:

If someone locked the door on you when you are inside you would have a heck of a time getting out of there.

I think they would work just fine as long as you didnt get one that is all beat up and a leaker

I dont think I would go this far tho:)

28175d1264937772-shipping-container-homes-container-city-ii.jpg

We use a few of these for storage where I work. There are moisture issues due to condensation and in the summer it is cooler in an oven than in these containers. If vented properly I think they would work fine.

We use them on our construction sites for material here in Colorado. They work great ands they stay dry durring a blizzard and rain storms. They do get warm in the summer but like others said you can vent them.

Thanks for the info guys. Any suggestions on where to find them in the Des Moines area? As far as venting is concerned, could a guy use a typical house roof vent? Also, I assume you would want to place the container on a rock bed rather than bare ground?

I have seen them placed on flat bare ground with no signs of sinking or shifting. I wouldn't waste the money building a foundation for them. Just drop it and go.

Check into building codes-related problems. Some counties require a permit to install one on your property...

Top Bottom