Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shoot or Pass

Do you get many cameras stolen ?
No but I try to hang them high and out of the line of sight. I've had cameras messed with on public and private and I now run strictly cell cams unless I absolutely can't get service. This way even in the worst case scenario I still get the pictures to know what's in the area. I'd like to hope people wouldn't mess with others stuff but that's not the reality we live in unfortunately.

Only way I pass on that situation is if I know there is another deer I was truly determined to kill. Passing on him might give you another giant to chase next year, definitely something that goes thru my mind anyhow

150" on public? Land you have no control over? 100% shoot. I think the % of guys passing a 150" deer on public is very low. Now if I am on my own private farm I am probably passing. Because there is a very good chance I get to see him next season. I would even buy land remotely close to state land. When I look at land for sale the first thing I do is go to ONX and make sure there isn't any close public land.

Top Bottom