Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shooter???

thanks man i just dunno yet because there is some bucks that i see durin season that i dnt get cam pics of but yet in the other hand a 150 class buck is bigger than my biggest bow buck witch is a 125 8pt. and to top it off the last two yrs i havent filled my bow buck tag either missed them or they would come in range. but hopefully this is my year.
If that would be your personal best with a bow that should be a no brainer in my opinion. Shoot him given the opportunity. They don't come easy with a bow (or gun) and a person has only so many seasons in this big merry go round ride we call life so I wouldn't waste to many opportunities thinking he might blow up and come strolling by your stand in a year from now not very good odds of it good luck either way

The fact that we are debating whether to shoot a buck like this amazes me.
Most of you are too young to remember what bow hunting (or gun for that matter) was like in the 70's and early 80's.

I'd have given my left N%# to even see a buck like this.......

I also find it interesting that people ask other's opinions on what they should shot........Man if you like him, pull the trigger.....period.

Good luck this season !

I personally enjoy the meaningless debates on "Shooter" or "Not a shooter". It all sounds good sitting in your house looking at pics but we all know its a whole different story when you're out there for hours upon hours waiting and planning. Never really know what you will do until it happens. I like hearing others opinion on "Shooters". They all make my heart race which is what really maters and keeps us out there for countless hours waiting in anticipation. Sure we all want a Booner...but the hunt itself is what keeps us in the tree year after year.IMO

The fact that we are debating whether to shoot a buck like this amazes me.
Most of you are too young to remember what bow hunting (or gun for that matter) was like in the 70's and early 80's.

I'd have given my left N%# to even see a buck like this.......

I also find it interesting that people ask other's opinions on what they should shot........Man if you like him, pull the trigger.....period.

Good luck this season !
Amen I started bowhunting in the mid 80's long before all these pro hunters/whitetail farmers hit the airwaves. I can remember the feeling of excitement I would get just seeing a buck let alone killing one. It took a few years but a 125 incher fell to my bow one glorious November morning and man was I on cloud nine.What I wouldn't give to get that level of excitement and enthusiasm back over a buck that is in the 120's and not worry about how old the damn thing was or what he would be next year who gives a crap shoot him and savor the moment

while i haven't specifically asked for advice on shooting bucks, I don't see any problem with. If a guy's fishing for a few opinions, what's the big deal?

It's not like solo said, hey (insert any IW username here) would you shoot this buck, and then (insert any IW username here) said no, so SOLO says ok, since you won't shoot him, I won't. Guess all I saw was a guy saying, he's a bit on the fence and here's why. My take has always been if you shoot a 140incher every year it's going to be awfully damn tough to ever shoot a 160.

SOLO - I'm in your same boat. My biggest buck is 130 shotgun kill when I was 16. I haven't killed a buck with my bow that would go much over 120. I, also, haven't shot a buck or killed a buck in 3years because of the same reasons you mentioned.

I'm sticking with my advice because i have outfitters around me to...you'll make the right decision if he presents himself for a shot because killed or passed you can't go WRONG:way:

btw - I've passed deer in the 140class range, only to have the neighbor or outfitter's "clients" shoot them...I figure a pass is kinda like a kill, so I got'em first anyway:D. I've been "shooting" all my passes with a camera the past couple of seasons...grabbing the camera before the bow has helped make pushing the pass button easier. Judging from my trailcam pics this season, my patience is paying off. I have two or three (what I consider) monster bucks on my hitlist this fall. Two of them I know well, because I've passed them both several times. Not saying they'll make the mistake again, but if they do, they're getting an arrow this time.

side-note#2...when you have a buck like the one you posted in this thread on trailcam, it sure as hell makes it easier to pass those 120"-130" bucks.

IMO - making a kill doesn't necessarily make a season

turtlshell- thanks for the input im suprised to see this many ppl coment on one thread and thanks to everybody that has comented hopefully i get some more pics of him and hopefully one with me holdin him up :)

I havent shot a deer yet that I havent said what if I had given him another year.

That being said I still remember and cherish the trill and excitement of the hunt and proud of each one.

I would shoot him.......good luck!

I'd say he's just shy of 150. Shooter? Yep, I wouldn't let him pass. Especially with a bow in hand

one things for sure, if you kill him now he will never make 170.
170 and better is where its at........... and a deer like this could blow!

Top Bottom