Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shooter?

Boz

Thoughts anyone?
11514-13_e.jpg
11514-13_f.jpg

I wouldn't be able to pass him. But he doesn't look overly old tho. Maybe you'll get lucky and he won't show himself so you won't have to make the choice.

He would get a pass from me based on his body size and no prior history, but if he makes you happy hang him on the wall.
If I've said it once I've said it 10, 000 times. Its up to the guy/gal drawing the bow or lining up the sights, if your happy with him then make the best shot you can.

He is a nice one. Depends where is lives. If little pressure I pass him. But if other people are around and hunt the area a lot I shoot first chance I get

sent from super hunters I phone

He is a nice one. Depends where is lives. If little pressure I pass him. But if other people are around and hunt the area a lot I shoot first chance I get

sent from super hunters I phone

Agreed. Dont let a group of lead lobbers toss slugs at him from a mile away on the run. This is a big problem where I hunt. Its private but the guys family shotguns it. I find dead deer all over the place when I shed hunt. Very frustrating.

That buck will gross over 170"s and you all are thinking about passing him.........

Good Lord, I need to move to Iowa!!!!!

It's easy to say "I would pass him" and maybe some really would. The only way I don't at least try to shoot him is if he's with a bigger one. :D

It's easy to say "I would pass him" and maybe some really would. The only way I don't at least try to shoot him is if he's with a bigger one. :D

There are some true blue guys that would say pass him and then would pass him themselves, BUT I also think there are more guys that seem to reply to every similar post with a "let him go another year" angle and then later in November shoot something the same size or smaller. It's always easier to tell someone else what they should do.

I think that is a nice buck and if he is a trophy to you, then by all means, let him have it. If you are happy with him, in particular, after he has been shot, then who is to say that you shouldn't take him. Not every situation is the same, some guys can be reasonably certain that letting a buck go will give him another year, others can be reasonably certain that passing him just means that someone else will shoot him down the line.

I do think that buck has the look of one that could really blossom with another year, but if you like him and get him, then I will sincerely congratulate you.

FWIW, I think he probably grosses low-to-mid 160's this year, those brows are pretty big. But his neck appears to be kind of skinny, but the summer time look can really be deceiving to me.

For me, I would most likely shoot him if I was archery hunting, but I would probably not shoot him with a gun if I thought he could make it one more year. I do think he is a probable 180" class buck next year.

Top Bottom