Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shooting Ranges Nearby?

aimfirst

Howdy - I am looking for a shooting range to sight in a muzzleloader(new to the muzzleloader scene and relatively new to the Quad Cities). Are there shooting ranges between or in the Quad Cities and Mt. Pleasant? I can't seem to find one that has all the right stuff to sight in a rifle. I talked to folks at two different gun stores locally and they didn't have a local place/club to offer....thanks!

there is a public shooting range in the princeton public hunting area. take hwy. 67 north out of princeton and turn right just past the "horse track" on the right hand side of the road. there are 3 shooting tables to use. take[and pick up] your own targets and stands.its all we got around here and if you have a flack jacket i'd wear it!i have seen some real dandies there. last time i was there we saw 2 guys shooting a 30 cal. belt fed semi auto thing at a dirt bike! they blew it apart then fired a tracer round into the gas tank! we thought a bomb had been dropped the explosion and concussion were unreal.

I head about this place as the only place nearby and was warned in the same manner...so I am not sure if sighting in a new gun while ducking for my life would be a good thing....
rambo.gif

I have seen one from the air by Washington. It sits at most two miles west and just a little south of town. Looks like an asphalt county road. Just west of a railroad underpass and then a little north of the road. I can see the berms but can't tell if there are any benches. I think there is a long one for rifles and a short one for hand guns.

There is another good one that I have actually been to. It is east of Anamosa, somewhere around Stone City? I could drive there but I couldn't tell you how to get there. Its in a State or County Park. It is very nice. Benches with a roof. Rest rooms. It was clean and neat, but that was 3-4 years ago.

Sports Outfitters in CR has an indoor range. I used there hand gun range three years ago. Kinda musty, but functional. They have a range for rifles but don't know how long it is. 16th Ave. way at the west edge of town.

Now that I read back through the post it doesn't sound like much help. Just remember to turn by the old Bennet place and angle off by where the big Oak used to stand before the storm of '56 blew it down and when you get to the old white barn you are there.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom