Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shot Buck, need help...

lost deer

if no luck finding him go to where he came from he has a safe place he felt safe in he will go back to it and hide sometimes, i have seen a lot of deer circle back, they left their safe place and went about and then had a bad experience being shot they will go back to their safe place if possible:way:

if no luck finding him go to where he came from he has a safe place he felt safe in he will go back to it and hide sometimes, i have seen a lot of deer circle back, they left their safe place and went about and then had a bad experience being shot they will go back to their safe place if possible:way:

Good advice from Scooter. I had a buck several years ago that I made a bad shot on. Thinking I had played it safe, I waited approximately 5 hours to go after him and promptly jumped him. Yikes! I then waited until the next morning to look again and we did find him. He basically ran "home" and I found him where he often bedded. In fact, I found his previous year shed about 6 feet from his body that day.

It struck me that day that he made a point of going where he felt most at home and safe. Besides the water angle, any deep ditches that they could slide down into while in a weakened state, etc, I would definitely visit his "home".

deer1.jpg

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/showthread.php?p=501187 <~~~Details!

Thanks a lot guys!

Top Bottom