Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shot log

moosehunter

PMA Member
The grass carp I didn't weigh but he was maybe my biggest and gave me a good battle before I won. Also drilled a big fat female common carp full of eggs. Nice one to sun dry..........

727-dscf4722.jpg

727-dscf4726.jpg

Awesome!The asians are in thick down here but the water needs to go down some so you could shoot them.

Good shootin. Those big grass carp are tough to get in unless hit solid towards the front end. What do ya guess she weighed? 35-45 lb range?Those river or lake fish? Are you hunting them during the day or night with lights?

Good shootin. Those big grass carp are tough to get in unless hit solid towards the front end. What do ya guess she weighed? 35-45 lb range?Those river or lake fish? Are you hunting them during the day or night with lights?

After laying out all night in the yard I took it up to the COOP and weighed it on thier certified scale and it checked in at 47.5 lbs. That's officially the biggest I've shot. Don't know if it lost anything layin around for 18 hours. They came from a small county lake.

Awesome, after 18 hours no doubt she was well over 50lbs when you shot her. They do lose weight after they are shot. Sounds like a small county lake we have here, with a smaller number of huge sterile 25+year old fish,the county stocked.I shot one last year just under 60 lbs and tried to get it mounted but my poor taxidermist just could not get it degreased, tried everything, but just more slime kept coming, so made a replica. I like to make a wire harness around their front end and hang them in a tree. Starts out as a great coon-sickle then after it oozes out the bluebirds and wrens make nests inside the mouth and they swing in the wind for years.

I like to make a wire harness around their front end and hang them in a tree. Starts out as a great coon-sickle then after it oozes out the bluebirds and wrens make nests inside the mouth and they swing in the wind for years.

HOLY CHIT!!..Ok 36, you got my vote for biggest IWT redneck

Congrats Perry, those are some hawgs!! 6x6 I'd like to see a picture of those fish heads. Sounds neat.

Moosehunter, thanks for the vote. I will wear the badge proudly. Actually I hang the whole fish, but you need to run a wire thru the gill plate and around the spine to support all the extra weight the first few days as they bloat and the maggots grow. Usually they ooze out the arrow holes and butt for the coons, then after a couple weeks they dry out, and last forever. In my profile album is a picture of a 61 lb and 3 30-40 lb grass carp my 15 year old son and I got last summer, all wired and ready to hang out. I have them along the bottom of my long driveway and they were the only thing that worked to keep the Jehovah witness people away.I will try to get some pics of the fish now while the birds are useing them.

Moosehunter, thanks for the vote. I will wear the badge proudly. Actually I hang the whole fish, but you need to run a wire thru the gill plate and around the spine to support all the extra weight the first few days as they bloat and the maggots grow. Usually they ooze out the arrow holes and butt for the coons, then after a couple weeks they dry out, and last forever. In my profile album is a picture of a 61 lb and 3 30-40 lb grass carp my 15 year old son and I got last summer, all wired and ready to hang out. I have them along the bottom of my long driveway and they were the only thing that worked to keep the Jehovah witness people away.I will try to get some pics of the fish now while the birds are useing them.

I gotta agree with Moosehunter...that there is some serious redneck action!! :D I hung just the head from a 10 pound catfish off a pole in the backyard once and I thought my wife was going to skin ME after that. A whole 60 pound fish would have pushed her over the edge! :D

Top Bottom