Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shot "Old Trusty"

Shovelbuck

In my post about shooting the GPR, some had mentioned that it was good shooting for a flintlock rifle. While the GPR shoots OK, it's a far cry from hitting it's prime.
So this morning I took my old flinter out and shot for grouping at 75 yards. This old girl has won plenty of meat and medals through the years but has been in semi retirement for quite awhile.
It was like riding a bike. I've shot this gun so much it still came naturally.:way:
The load used was 80 grains FFF Goex, fiber wad, .018 patch and cast .530 ball. I had the front of the gun resting on a bag and the rear on my shoulder. Standing position.
3 shots from 75 yards.

picture.php

Back in the day it would group a bit better but my eyes aren't what they used to be.:eek:
That makes two rifles ready for the upcoming seasons.:way:

Are you referring to the 3 holes to the top/left of the paper?? JUST KIDDING!! :thrwrck:

Beautiful rifle and GREAT grouping! :way:

Are you referring to the 3 holes to the top/left of the paper?? JUST KIDDING!! :thrwrck:

Beautiful rifle and GREAT grouping! :way:

Those holes elsewhere in the cardboard are from my pathetic attempt to hit something with my 1903 Colt Army .38:eek:

Top Bottom