Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shotgun 1 or 2 ?

INative

I've kind of been waiting for someone to ask, but it hasn't happened yet. So which season is most likely to produce an opportunity for a nice buck if I am stand hunting? This will be my first iowa shotgun season and I'm not sure if I'd rather hunt shotgun 1 or 2. Which has better action historically? Or does it even matter since people will be pushing deer both seasons anyway? I'm kind of leaning towards second season, but I cannot bring myself to commit to it because I know the deer will be extremely pressured by then. But then again, this weekend is supposed to be pretty warm, so there may not be much natural movement.

If you are hunting private, either one. Shotgun2 is longer, which is nice. First season though could put you in contact with some late rut action.

We go second because of time and since we hunt private and all the guys around us go second it works for us. First is nice if you have a buck figured out before presure hits. Best of luck to all you shotguners and please be safe.

I've talked to a few guys at work as well and the say second season is better for stand hunting. First season, most people are putting on drives. But then again, you never know when they will push a deer right by you...

I see more drives going on second than first, might be because more time, Idk.if there isint much pushin ground you Id go first, might be able to get a late cruiser or the last hot doe.

For stand hunting i am going first Just because of time and bucks tend to hang out on my property once Their shot at a couple times.

Top Bottom