Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

shotgun scope recommendations

Altiman94

I picked up an 1187 with the 21" cantilever barrel and looking for recommendations on shotgun scopes. I'm not looking for the cheap $40 scope recommendations, I want something that will last and hold up to the recoil of 12g slugs. I only want to buy this scope once.

Thinking a 2-7 or there abouts in power range.

Weaver Grand Slam! I have had one for 8 years now and it is the best scope I have ever owned! if it broke tomorrow I wouldnt even have to think about what I was going to buy!!

I've had 2 nikon prostaffs 2-7x32 on a couple slug guns with good luck. Currently on two other slug guns I have nikon monarch 2-8x32.

I've had some friends that have had good luck with leupold vx-1 2-7x33

Any way you go make sure it has a good glass and a geneous field of view

I got the Nikon Slughunter this year on my 870 and love it. When shopping around I liked it better then the Leupold, seemed alot more clear. It is a 3-9 power and it seems like that will be perfect

I have a cabelas powder horn on my 11-87. Bought it on sale for 99 bucks. Has their version of bdc. Awesome eye relief and have only adjusted about 3 clicks the last 4 years. Was going in to buy the super slam by leupold and the guy at the counter talked me out of it. Held them side by side and decided I would take the chance and I'm glad I did. Saved two hundred bucks and couldn't be happier with the performance so far.

I decided to go with the Nikon Slug Hunter 3-9 x 40. I'm a fan of BDC reticles and this should work nicely for me. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Even better that just about all the sites are offering free shipping! I also chose to upgrade the rings.

Top Bottom