Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shotgun season 2

The way I understand the law and from what I have been told by the local sportshop is that you can hunt early muzzleloader and second shotgun but you can only harvest anterless deer during the 2nd shotgun season.......

You had better check that out with the DNR because I had Early Muzzle loader and was told that I could not have another gun license to hunt deer, but I could have an archery tag. I was told that you can get a land owners permit for early muzzleloader and an anterless permit in either shotgun. Al

Yeah you guys were right, you are only allowed one gun season.

But i have another question:
If my buddy gets a tag, will i be able to go out with him and assist him?

Bowhunter,
Sound's to me like you need to find a reason to go deer hunting!
grin.gif
Just grab your video camara and go see what you can find.You will most likely see a monster if you are not hunting but it's alot of fun anyway.
If you hunted early muzzleloader seasonthe only other way you can take an antlered deer is with your bow.

I don't know what is ment by assist but on two occations I have gone home after shooting and tagging a deer and returned with help to drag the deer out and load it in my pickup, the helpers did not have deer tags. I didn't figure just to drag a deer out the helpers had to have tags. I was told one time though that if your wife or friend followed you with a pickup while you were pursuing any game animal they need to be licensed; however if they park at a determined spot and wait for you they don't need a tag. Just a couple of my opinons. Al

Top Bottom