Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Show The Pictures of Your Best Friend

Please don't make me say what it is. OK OK. She's a pug-a-doodle. I miss my chocolate lab that's for sure.

So you are the one sneaking into my backyard at night eh???? :) if that dog has bit your ankles, I am going to have to have a talk with the wife :0 That or I dont remember who you are.

friend

Yep I'm all Corgi too. Taught mine to trail a wounded deer.

Of course his name is Hunter.

IMG_20130217_141720_zps3361221f.jpg

20130210_144215_zps1a3fcc0c.jpg

Last edited:
I've had an Irish Setter,a Viszla, couple of German Shepards, bunch of German Shorthairs, a Cocker Spaniel and a Bloodhound.

Boone

Ray

Jake

Looks like I somehow deleted my post on here. Had Thunder since I was 15. He has an uncountable number of Pheasants, ducks, rabbits and a handful of cats. Almost had to get rid of him once because I had nowhere to keep him. Thank God we roughed it out.

He loves water and pop bottles.
250508_2080299445303_6347220_n.jpg

538315_10200420926183936_195213189_n.jpg

196128_1915218118373_511208_n.jpg

My Wife took this pic one morning on a walk. Turned out kind of cool.
1375272_10201991615090177_995375912_n.jpg

My best friend, Gunnar! As you can see the swelling on his nose, he was diagnosed with Fibrosarcoma (cancer in the mouth). These pictures were taken on his last ever hunt and the last bird he ever pointed and retrieved.

The best dog I ever owned and one of the toughest, at age 2 he tore the tendon equivalent to a human's bicep tendon away from his shoulder. Had to undergo major surgery and physical therapy. He was a true athlete as they said he would be limited in anything he could do for 6 months to a year but received a full go after 5 months of therapy.

While he was in for surgery, his blood work came back showing he was in the early stages of heart worms. Had to take a shot on each side of his spine for 4 weeks or so to get rid of them. Then he fought the cancer for a little over 2 years before I had to say goodbye to him on January 1, 2010. He never once lost his energy or his spirit. If a man could ever look up to a dog, this was the one. There isn't a day goes by I don't think of him. Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• Gunnar's Last Hunt 020.jpg
    Gunnar's Last Hunt 020.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Gunnar's Last Hunt 028.jpg
    Gunnar's Last Hunt 028.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Gunnar's Last Hunt 034.jpg
    Gunnar's Last Hunt 034.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
My best friend Kaycee. She's 7 years old now, and I have so many great memories with her, that I'm not sure I will ever even try to replace her. She's one of a kind for sure. Quite the Diva :D

First goose hunt
picture.php

Turned into a pretty good shed dog as well.

picture.php

picture.php

KAYCEE SURE IS A DIVA! WHAT A GREAT DOG MR. HELMS, SHE SURE HAS A PLACE IN MY HEART :rolleyes:

This is my buddy, Pixie. She is almost 4 years old & weighs a whole 2# 12 oz. She is waiting for me every day at the door, loves to play fetch, always has a wiggly tail & loves sitting in my lap as we check over the best whitetail website (this one).

3869-101_7914.1.jpg

I've had some real good coonhounds, GSP's and labs, but now my right hand is Wolf. A very loyal family dog that won't even look at a deer or turkey in the yard, but any coyote, wandering stray dog or coon better watch out. He will not leave the yard and does a great job helping work horses thru the pens. And never barks unless it's something important, I better know about.

Last edited:
Queen and Pepper...the veteran and the rookie, back when Pepper was an annoying little pup. Queen has passed on now, but Pepper still does a great job helping us keep pheasant in the freezer :D

Tucker is our 1.5 yr old Pointer. I thought our old GSP had energy... Tucker has the nickname "The Blur" because when he is running wild, you look out the window every so often and see a streak of white run by. He is a stealer of fish, playmate to the kids, a wannabe lap dog, and smarter than me.

Here he was having a blast fetching branches for the kiddos snow fort until he caught the scent of a bird and I snapped the pic just as he was about to lock on point. He pinned that bird deep in the tree and only a stick of dynamite would have got him to break until I flushed the bird.

Last edited:
Top Bottom