Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shredder Just Called .....

Ghost

Life Member
me from the timber and the excitement in his voice said something big had happened.

He was standing next to the biggest deer he had downed to date. All on video again. I'm sure he will waste no time in filling us all in with a story and picture.

Stay tuned.....

Ghost, when I read that I got the biggest grin
grin.gif
. . . that's awesome!

Tell him congrats!
waytogo.gif

beerchug.gif

GETT'EM UP,Let's see him!!!!
Congratulation's.I seen 2 big shooter's yesterday and they were both look'in for love.
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Way to go Shredder!!
waytogo.gif
bow.gif
Your killing me, I need to be in the woods, but I'm stuck at work
bawling.gif
bawling.gif

Can't wait for the pics and story.

mole

Shredder Just killed

Wow what a hunt, two bucks over 160 at less than 40 yards today. I was absolutly pumped when this buck went down after making probably the best shot ever at 30 yards. Two years running in hunting him and it finally came together today. I used a doe grunt and it pulled him out of the thicket. I have a little bit of footage prior to shooting him and I have him going down on film. My best to date, probably mid 170s. This has been an awesome year for me.............I saw a deer yesterday on a different farm that was a contender in this ones book, the deer ILdeerslayer shot and lost last week and this bruiser all in under 24 hours time. I was truely blessed this season with some awesome memories of big deer and two awesome bowkills.
cool.gif

933theking2.jpg

933theking3-1.jpg

933Thekingbefore.jpg

In doing a little research, this buck had grown up since last year. This is the same buck my wife had shot at twice and not the other giant I thought he was. I passed this deer on two separate occasions within 30 yards. I searched for his sheds high and low but never found them. He would have scored in the 130 range last fall, this year 174.
933deercam.jpg

In july, I saw a wide buck out in a field and took a digital image of the buck.
28033-6july2003.jpg

At that point in time, I did not realize which buck he was just due to the great growth he had done. I lost track of him until mid september when I saw him out in a bean field feeding with a couple small bucks. Two weeks later, I caught him on trail cam, (post above mine) on the field edge where I had seen him last year. Numerous hunts later I still had never laid eyes on him until Nov 9 when he chased a doe past my stand. I did not want to try and stop him due to the lack of visibility in the thicket so I kept my mouth shut in hopes the doe would circle back. No luck then as the wind shifted and he caught my scent and moved into the thicket. The next several days, the wind was wrong for the stand plus I was getting close to a large buck at the south farm so I did not go into the area. Nov 14, I had planned on hunting the south farm again but overnight the wind started coming from the south making the thicket stand my best chance at a buck. As luck would have it, he was without a doe and on the search. 2 doe grunts brought him into the call and I made the shot I did. My guess is he is a 4.5 year old buck.

Re: Shredder Just killed

WOW! When is Ghost cooking steaks and playing your videos? Love to see it when your plan comes together.....and you passed on one yesterday........I think the Deer Gods are on your side.

Congrats Shredder. Great deer and sounds like a great couple days of hunting. A year you won't forget.
waytogo.gif

Holy cow man,
Way to keep after him Shredder, persistance pays off once again!

CRITR

Incredible
applause.gif
That is a beautiful animal. From everything I've read, you've earned it. congratulations
peace.gif

mole

I nearly wrecked my truck when I pulled into work and saw the horns sticking over the side of that big bad chevy. Awesome buck and even bigger in person. Maybe Nov. 14 is now your day
beerchug.gif

What separates trophy hunters from trophy takers is patience, persistance, and location plus being able to make the shot when the moment presents itself (personal experience)

Need I say more? Great job!

31045-cheers2.gif

Top Bottom