Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sight and Quiver Suggestions

Nontypcl1

I'm looking for a new sight and quiver for my Matthews Monster 7.0. For a sight I'm looking for something with a round pin guard and 4 or 5 pins and a bright colored strip around the pin guard so I can line it up with my peep. For a quiver I'm looking for something I can shoot with it on my bow and not worry about vibration. I shoot both mechanicals and fixed blade.

I've looked at all kinds of different sights and quivers and have a few I like but there are so many options out there I can't decide what to get. Maybe some of you can help.

What would you choose for each and why?

Spott Hogg, they have very bright wrapped round sights. They're expensive but bomb proof and you will never buy anothr sight. I have the Hogg Itt and love it.

Alpine soft Loc quiver. Quiet and will hold both fixed or expandables, just take the foam insert out.

I have mathews quiver and DON'T like it. I get to stand about every other day and lost an arrow. I tightened all the way down and still pop out too easy. What's best quiver for that problem alone (I'm on brand 4 of quivers trying to solve this)

For sites I agree- spot hogg. I've been through 3 other brands and cheap fiber optic pins break when u need em most- get a tough site with fiber optic stuck to the steel and not freely accessible to break. Spot hogg.

The axcel armortech is a VERY impressive sight with the pins guard completely encased within the sight. The adjustment on them is amazing,I own a SH and like it, but the adjustment is a bit frustrating sometimes. The AA is one in which you loosen the screw with an allen, then use the small dial to move it in subtle increments. It needs NO Allen for adjustment to the bracket itself. I was skeptical at first but it is a rock solid sight.

I use the T5 quiver I believe.

I've got the Black Gold 5-pin and absolutely love it. It was between that and the Spott Hogg, but budget won. Its nice and bright and, so far, bomb proof going through everything the AZ mountains can throw at it.

For quiver, I've got the Alpine Soft Loc and love it as well. A huge improvement from the PSE 2-piece I used to have.

Both of the sights I was looking at have been mentioned. The hogg itt and BG solaris. I think I'll have to check both of them out thoroughly. As for the quiver I'm still up in the air.

Has anyone used an octane quiver? What about the G5 mag-loc? They look pretty nice but I haven't looked at either of them too closely.

Last edited:
Spot Hogg, Hoggit Hunter, Wrapped.... very happy with this one.

Octane 2pc Mag Hood Quiver... very happy with this too.

I had this Alpine quiver a couple years ago- the whole quiver snaps on or off- kind of like a rubber holding system. Well, on 2 occasions, the dumb quiver fell right off my bow on the way to the stand. I finally got pull-tight plastic straps to make it permanent to get me through season- then I just dumped the thing.
I'll check out G5 and Octane to see if they'd solve my other problem of dropping arrows.

The alpine quiver is great for the money. I personally like a 2 piece.

As far as sights go, anything by spot hogg is great. I like the one pin sights by HHA if you are willing to go that route. Otherwise MBG makes good sights also.

I would have to go with Axcel sights over Spot Hogg. I have both and as said in previous post The Hoggs micro adjustments can be a pain. The Axcell is kinda pricey but the adjustments are awesome. Also had a Toxonics for years and liked it very much.

Soft loc quiver imo.

Last edited:
I had the Octane 2-piece quiver with magnetic hood on my bow for about 3 days. It was sweet looking but I think it weighed more than my bow. If you are going to shoot with your quiver on I would not recommend the Octane at all. I switched back to the Alpine Soft Loc, quiet, easy connect and weighs next too nothing. I always shoot with my quiver on and I don't even notice the soft loc.

As for the sight, check out some of the Sword Archery sights. They have exactly what you have stated you are looking for, they are virtually indestructable and are much cheaper than the Spt Hogg and Axcel sights. Most of them have easy micro adjustments, very bright pins with protected wraps, and they have anything from a 3 to 7 pin sight.

Kratz

Top Bottom