Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sighting in a slug gun

pwrgraphics

PMA Member
I will be using a slug gun 2nd season when I am hunting in some heavy cover areas. My gun is an 870 Wingmaster with a rifled cantilever barrel and scope. I am shooting 1 oz. Winchester BRI sabot slugs. I am curious if I shoot 2" high at say 50 yds what will it be doing at further distance? I could tell you what a muzzleloader would do, just not a slugger! I'm not sure how many shots I will get to run through it before the weekend. I'm just curious how you guys with similar set ups are shooting.
Much appreciated,
Chad

Probably about dead on at 100 is my guess. Want to guarantee short shots? Put a scope on it. 99% of my shots have been 35 yards or less since I put a scope on my muzzy. Hard to miss when all you see is brown through the scope! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Good luck.

Look on the back of the slug box. Most will show you the drop on a gragh. I know the Hornady SST's do. But I aggree with muddy should be good to 100 yards.

I would recoommend shooting it and see where it is rather than going off what people guess it would be or what a box on ballastic chart says. You need to know your limits and shooting it is the only way to find out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Central Iowa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would recoommend shooting it and see where it is rather than going off what people guess it would be or what a box on ballastic chart says. You need to know your limits and shooting it is the only way to find out. </div></div>

Best advice right there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Central Iowa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would recoommend shooting it and see where it is rather than going off what people guess it would be or what a box on ballastic chart says. You need to know your limits and shooting it is the only way to find out. </div></div>

Best advice right there. </div></div>

Yep! Slugs can do funny things out 100 yards!

Top Bottom