Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sightings from Stand (11/29 - 12/6)

You may want to consider giving up mornings for the rest of bow season.. You may end up running yourself ragged.. I had to do that on account I wasn't seeing anything worth getting up for and I was so tired from this past season... This was true only of the spot I was at.. If you go to a totally different spot it maybe the tale of two hunting spots..

They say the best movement for bucks is between 10 and 1:30 as that is the time they move due to hunting pressure.. Ofcourse, that's probably only true if they are in a cruising mood.. I'm sure they move throughout the course of the day, but how much? How far? I'm sure the closer you are to bedding areas... the better..

It's hard to give up mornings when the biggest bucks on my trail camera have been in the morning. I've got a 160-170 on camera @ 7:22am on 11/17/2013, and another nice buck @ 7:53am on 10/28/2013. Yes I realize those dates are "old" but it's the nicest thing to come through, and they haven't been on camera during the evening.

The lack of movement (and sightings) have already driven me crazy. VERY slow year for me, nothing moving unless it's 11pm - 3am...OR a day/time I'm not in the stand!

Well 4 of us grid searched the entire area
And neighbors area. No luck on finding the big non typical. He is definitely hooked and bummed at the same time. I'm bumming for him and want to see the deer to see how truly big he is. No pics of him- just seen a few times in person. Going out tonight- evenings have def been better than mornings

Hunted weds night in ground blind with brother central iowa Marion co. spook one doe walking out all we seen, we hunted again the smorning same bean field in separate tree stands this time tho brother seen nothing, 4 me 3 does (1moma and 2 young) come out of woods about 60 yards @ 830 headin away stoped at about 130, small 6 pt came out at the same spot right on there tails nose down, he stop every place they did to smell around, I grunted just to c his reaction looked over and kept on walking, finally caught up with the does and they wonder off into the distance, 930 happened to look over to my right and spoted another buck feedin in another field, smaller 8 grunted nothing, grab the doe bleat hit it acouple times he turned around n v lined straight too me got within 70/80 yards down wind and I lost track of him, he must of smelled me or sumthing never did reappear, hopefully a big one will show tonight! Best of luck everybody

Tried stalking tonight. Three bucks dogging a doe. Two very mature deer and it was a sight to see. No shot opportunity

Well, tonight I decide to sit ,in a new spot ,with the decoy.. The area didn't have a treestand and I think that made the difference. I saw a nice buck just walking through the trees.. I threw a couple of doe calls at him and he just stopped and looked my direction a couple of times.. He continued to walk through the trees and I lost sight of him.. I scared something retrieving something I had dropped and It looked like it could of been a deer but wasn't sure. I really hope it wasn't that buck.. Unfortunately, I will not be able to hunt this area again until later next week...

Had a good night tonight. Saw 12 deer, 6 were bucks, no shooters. 4 of them were just dinks the others were a 115" 8 and a 120-125" 10. Great movement compared to the last three days I've hunted. The bucks were all bumping does in the corn field.

3 hours = 6 does in cut corn. Driving out saw another 8 does in cut corn. No bucks. It was a bit warm too. Lucas county.

I won't be able to get out today... So, I will not have a report..

Good Luck to all those going out today..

Saw a small 10 pt this morning. Not any older than 2. A spike, button buck , and 3 does. All at 7:30. Then saw 3 more does at 11:15. Im sitting all day w it being the last day i can bow hunt before the gun down.

Another evening sit...another evening of seeing nothing.

Checked my camera that's between both stands...and it's been dead. 1100+ pics from 11/9 - 11/28. About 30 pictures from 11/28 - 12/1.

I'm hanging it up...no more bow hunting until after Christmas or so.

Spooked a bunch of does on my way in this afternoon. During the hunt saw 3 does and one 1.5 year old 9 point basket rack. One doe was at 15 yards I wasn't going to shoot her but then decided I would since she was making me angry haha. One of those really cautious does that doesn't allow you to move at all for an uncomfortable amount of time. By the time I decided I would shoot her she never offered a shot. So......nothing!

Took down stands around noon, then got settled in around 2. Saw 5 deer in total, 2 button bucks and three does. I am calling it, been another interesting year. Good luck to any and all who has time this week to hunt.

Saturday Morning saw 6 bucks chasing a doe for about an hour and a half. Most were dinks and had a 140" 8 point at 15 yards. Too bad I already filled my buck tag!

Top Bottom