Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

silohoutte decoys work!

rudy

i finally decided to try the new renzo collapsible silo buck decoy 2 weeks ago after hearing all the success stories from other guys who were using full body decoys. becuz of where i was hunting i just couldn't lug a full body in.in 2 weeks i had 5 different bucks come in to it.on 11-26-03 i got this bruiser to come to it.there is no doubt in my mind that i wouldn't have gotten a shot without the decoy.he scores just over 174 inches with huge brow tines!it was one of the most exciting things i've ever seen!

157rudybuck03.jpg

Did you have any problems with deer coming in and getting spooked because they were looking at the decoy from the thin side? What decoy yould you recommend? I have a big clunky plastic decoy that is more of a deer repellent than attractant because it makes so much noise carrying it through the woods and whatnot. It's just big and loud and a pain but I'd like to continue using a decoy.

By the way... nice buck! 174?!

bigshock.gif
bigshock.gif
congratulations on a great buck!!! that would get yah going!! I take it you might use the decoy next year huh?
wink.gif

the decoy folds so i cocked the backend to give it a 2-d effect eliminatingthe thin side.these things do look real when they are outside.they have an inky smell when they're new so i scrubbed it with carbon blast and let it air out for a couple days before using it in the hunt. added bf gland spray[hawgs lmt] to the entire decoy for cover.had 2 deer actually make contact with it!can't wait till late muzzleloader to try it again!

I might have to ditch my old decoy (big, clunky, loud, and plastic) and give one of these a try.

I have to say once again, wow! What a nice buck!!!

what does one of these decoys go for? if i remember right i think they are pretty cheap, thats the college student in me, always pinching that penny to save up for beer money
beerchug.gif

What brand of silohoutte decoy did you use? There is several on the market. I like the Outlaw. But am very curious on what you used. Thanks for sharing.

Nice buck. Did you get him in the same place as your 167" last year? Any mulberry stains on this one?

Only $25? Good Lord, even I might spend $25 to try one out. Besides price, the one thing that has kept me from buying a decoy is the thought of carrying a full body decoy along with all the other crap I insist on carrying. I need a mossy oak wheelborrow.

Any way to remove the antlers for a doe effect, other than cutting them off?

I bought the doe decoy this year. Had several deer come into it. Went out a week ago and my decoy pulled a nice 9 away from tending a hot doe. I grunted a couple times, and in he came. Due to hunter error, I pulled my head to see where my arrow hit before I released, and needless to say, wide right. Not good. The decoy did it's job and it's easy to take in and out. I never scrubbed mine, but used a drag rag that I hung right by it.

THAT DOES IT. I'M SELLING MY OLD DECOY! I agree, too loud and cumbersome. Hard to carry when I have my bow and anything else in hand. Great buck and thanks for sharing pics.
31045-cheers2.gif

Wow! Way to go Rudy. I thought you shot your once in a lifetime buck two years ago, now this. You know, most of us will say you are on a roll and have shot two once in a lifetime bucks now. Great job!
26404-archer[1].gif

where'd you get that decoy at rudy?? i must say the price is right and they certainly seem handy and light.

i run r and r sports in clinton and we have plenty in stock.look for our banner no this sight for a phone number and address.
i did shoot the buck of a lifetime 2 years ago and now another![it must be the clean livin'!]really i just try to hunt in spots where most wouldn't.thats where a buck gets the chance to grow to maturity,not walking down the same old trail or getting pushed to the usual blocker setup.it takes patience,imagination and LUCK but it has worked for me and i'm sticking with it.

Top Bottom