Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Single cam vs dual cam

miggy09

So I've got an ancient pse nova that I'm looking to replace and wanted some feedback on single vs dual cam bows. What are you guys shooting and why did you go that route?

Most guys would say you get more speed out of dual cam box but accuracy out of a solo cam. I personally shoot a solo cam because i like how smooth it is. I do not need any more speed than what i have now. When i go out west to hunt i just change my set up, lighter arrows and a fixed 5 pin sight. Lots of options out there, you will just have to go shoot them!

Dual cam for me, but have never shot a single cam. I was pretty much interested in finding a good value when buying mine used. Tried shooting it, and liked it. First bow, so just wanted something to get into the sport with and do the job. Killed 5 deer with it to date (4 years bow hunting).

cjgarrett said:
I personally shoot a solo cam because i like how smooth it is.!

Then it's not a Mathews I'm guessing.

I shoot a binary cam. When single cams first came out it made since since bows were more apt to get out of sync. Now days I'm not worried about that.

If u go from having a nova to a new bow it doesn't matter if u get a single cam or dual, it's gonna be such an upgrade that ur gonna love it regardless.

Then it's not a Mathews I'm guessing.

I shoot a binary cam. When single cams first came out it made since since bows were more apt to get out of sync. Now days I'm not worried about that.

Actually it is a Mathews!!! But i shoot a DXT, very similar cam to the Switchback. I refuse to shoot a new Mathews because they all have tear drop shaped cams to get the extra speed.

I would have to say that my old mathews SBXT was the smoothest drawing bow that I have ever owned. I have since sold it and moved to a strother, but dang the older mathews were ahead of their time

^^^ I have a switchback (2006 or 2007 model). Ive shot new Mathews, missions, and Hoyt's, can't find a reason to "upgrade" (if that's what you wanna call it). It's been so smooth, fast, and accurate, truly Mathews best bow made IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I'm in the same boat as the post above. Still shooting a 03 LX. Can't find another bow that draws as smooth. Went to a newer bow then sold it and went back to Ol'trusty. She isn't as fast as the newer bows of today but she will kill the same! She shoots just fine out to 70 yds. She's sitting with me in my double bull ready to eat as we speak.

I've shot single cams for years, and they've worked great. But I bought an Elite Answer a few weeks ago and I'm sold on it. I shoot it more accurately than any bow I've ever owned before.

Top Bottom