Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sioux City area Taxidermy

idsman75

Yep, it's called counting chickens before eggs are hatched but I figured it would be wise in the rare chance that I arrow something that is "wall worthy". Pardon me if I sound crass. Silly mood tonight.

From our collective experience with taxidermists, is there anyone in the Sioux City region of Iowa that is noted for their Taxidermy skills?

I've had 2 whitetails and 1 mule deer done by Glen Bosse in Elk Point, S. Dak. He does great work. Just about 25 minutes north of the city on I -29. He's right off the interstate north part of town.Pretty sure he is in the book. I think a shoulder mount is around $375.00-400.00 but like I said I love his work. Nice guy too. If you take one in, tell him his hunter from Okla. sent you.I'll be doe hunting up there in Nov.

Glenn has done a couple of mounts for me as well as a strutting tom. Hands down the best in the area and Elk Point is not that far up the road from Sioux City. If your ever in the area stop and see what he has hanging in his display room and see for your self, you won't be dissapointed. His shop is just east of I-29 next to some historical house on the north side of the road.

Glenn's brother Dale does excellent work as well. He's on the Iowa side of the Big Sioux not far from Glenn's place.

Top Bottom