Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Skunk Smell Help

boneil

A friend of mine was guiding at a hunting preserve for pheasants this weekend and and met up with a skunk and received a full shot of spray. Sounds like he got most of the smell off of him. Said he could taste it in his mouth for 2 days. Funny story to hear him tell it now, thank god it wasn't me.

Any chance his clothes can be saved? Anybody know of anything that he can wash them in to get rid of the smell, or should he be waiting for Christmas? Thanks for any help.

Massingill Douche

Seriously, A friend and I were pheasant hunting in North Dakota when his dog was sprayed by a skunk 2 days in a row. We went to the local grocery store picked up some massinggill and the clerk says "Let me guess, skunk?"

It really did work well.

The douche has vineagar in it and I feel much better buying a gallon of vineagar. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Get a pile of leaves damp and light them on fire. pass the clothes through the smoke a few times and the smell will be gone, then wash. I've used this on my dog and clothes a couple times and works perfect and it's free!

Top Bottom