Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sligh1, Bow Buck, Finally have a little time to post

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
So, hunted really hard and taking a breather with this wind & just needing a break, been having a blast & giving it all my effort & loving it (except the wind). Genuinely hardly been on the internet at all, which is kinda nice. Passed some really good 4 year olds and younger, some slammers in future and waiting for some with age/maturity, no matter the score. Well, I got my chance a few days into hunting (I really don't go into good spots until about the 5th or 6th as usually early Nov in past usually just brings by loads of 2-3 year olds). Had a 6-7 year old buck that was a 10 that I knew, he wouldn't score well but I was going to shoot him, he maybe was 150"??? He would not come in as he got on a doe (ran off, seen him again days later and I hope to have someone get him this season so hopefully an update & success on him later for someone). Well, 2 minutes later, this buck I knew came in right off a doe that wasn't in heat. I was 90%-ish sure it was the 5-6 year old that there was history of on the farm but I really had to take my time to confirm it was him. I video'd him up to 20 yards when I was certain is was the 5-6 year old. He was looking hard (oh, previously I had given 2 grunts that was pulling him my way). he came across the large creek (where it's pretty big & he dissapeared down there for 15 seconds) & popped up. I had him at 10 yards but waited until he passed by to give me a quartering away at 20 yards. Pummeled & didn't make it 25 yards further, double lung. Got my LOT Archery tag for any sex yet but happily eat it or shoot an old buck with not so great genetics. Don't really care. Not much of a score guy either but still fun, he's right around mid 70's give or take an inch but don't really care that much.... 26" beams, over 12" on g3's & little over 21" on inside spread (his right side is actually just as good as left, just the angle makes left side look better, pretty much the same). Age was my satisfaction & part I'm always stoked about, such a challenge trying to outsmart the old dudes that are just a different animal. I may be an idiot and horrible hunter but I have discipline at least and that's fun for me :). (yes, I have better pics but I keep forgetting to have my wife email them to me so this one is just the old farm clothes right where I recovered him & snapped some pics with my phone).
Side note, 1-2 more years before we have full recovery on the farms I'm hunting from EHD & Shed Buck season IMO. Just my observation. Good luck to all! Congrats on some dandies I just saw going through harvests.
picture.php

Last edited:
Ho hum, another booner for sligh.........&$&/!:&;$

AWSEOME BUCK man!!!! Great story and congrats! That takes some serious discipline to evaluate a deer that big for age requirements of 5.5 or older. That's some ice water running through the veins sir!

Top Bottom